Why Can't It Show The Full Filename?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mr2nv, Oct 1, 2009.

1. mr2nv

mr2nv New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does anyone who works on the OS for the ipod touch ever watch a TV series or episodic videos? How could they overlook the fact that you can't see the full filename and therefore have to guess which episode you want to watch? It doesn't make any sense to me. It's extremely frustrating to see something like this overlooked to begin with and still not addressed in future releases of software. Sorry, had to vent. I mean, how stupid do you have to be?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Its true.. its kind of annoying.. but i guess they just expect you to name it properly..
    but most people are too lazy for this

Please Register or Log in to view images

anyways, how do you expect them to show the full filename without you changing it yourself?
  3. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But on the original iPod OS (click wheel), names that are too long automatically scroll. It does this with songs too, which is REALLY annoying when like a song has a lot of featured artists. And some TV shows simply just have long names, I don't want to go through every TV show I have and painstakingly think of abbreviations for them.

You would've thought that by version 3, they would've fixed this. I mean, they have freaking BLUETOOTH and VOICE CONTROL.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

yea, but on the click wheel ipods, you can highlight an item without playing it
    cant really do that on the touch
    a simple touch will play the show/song