Why can't I wake up to music with my iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sdschramm, Dec 5, 2008.

1. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dumb question - but I was fooling with my friends iPod nano and noticed that under the alarms, you can set it to play music from a playlist when the time reaches the time you set the alarm for.

I always wanted to use my iPod touch (1G) as an alarm, but because it only has a beeper I only get 3 different "beeps" that I can wake up to. Not good. So I never used it. I thought that there wasn't a away to play music because there is not speaker. But then when I realized that a nano (that also does not have a speaker) could do this - I began to wonder...

Why can't my iPod touch wake me up to music??

I just don't get it. Obviously I would need the iPod docked to speakers to be able to hear the music, but thats no problem - its just the fact that there is NO option to select the song or playlist that I wasn't to wake up to.

Any one else notice this? Anyone know why it is this way? Could there be a 3rd party app that could do this?

Thanks for any info anyone could provide!

-Scott
  2. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

yes i noticed it, because apple's a b*tch, and ya probably
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes it would definitely be nice, even on the 2g (which has speakers built in), there is no option for it.... sucks.... hopefully it will be in a future update...
  4. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Or.. Do what I did and buy an iHome (Flip and Watch) it's for the iPod touch and has a wake to music funtion. It's an awsome alarm clock.