Why Cant I log Into SSH?!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by EzE, Mar 5, 2008.

1. EzE

EzE New Member

I have no idea why this isnt working but for some reason i cant log into ssh. It pops up and say "The connection failed due to an error or timeout." what do i have to do to get this to work?
  2. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

Ok theres a lot of things that could be the problem. Make sure your ipod is connected to the internet via wifi. Then consider using a different program to SSH into ipod, i prefer FileZilla because it works in school but you can use winscp too. And make sure the ipod is on. Hope I helped peace~
  3. steeped

steeped New Member

If you can't access the internet then SSH won't work, so make sure you can browse the web.

Make sure you have OpenSSH installed.

Make sure you are typing in the correct IP address into your SSH program on your computer (make sure it's the dedicated iPod's IP) and make sure username is root and password is alpine, unless you changed it.

If that doesnt work, you might as well back up your programs and reformat your iPod (it takes 15 minute to reformat and if you have your apps backed up it shouldn't be much of a loss. Sometimes reformatting is the easiest way out.
  4. EzE

EzE New Member

ya thanks guys, but turns out for some reason my ip address changed by one number....so i re-did it and now it works, but thanks for the quick response