Why can't I drag all of my music into my itunes library?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by pytyl, Dec 25, 2007.

1. pytyl

pytyl New Member

note: I just got an ipod touch for christmas today and it's my first ipod.

My brother said I can use all of his music to put on my ipod touch, so I go to My Computer, Local Disk ( C: ), Documents and Settings, Matt, Shared. Now I have a huge list of all of my brothers songs.. i'm guessing theres 300-400 songs. Now when I click select all and drag it into my itunes library, some of the songs don't make it there. Apparently only 115 of the songs make it because it says at the top loading 11/115 (something like that, not sure). Why did it not take certain songs into the library when I dragged them there? I even tried dragging the one song I knew that didn't make it to the itunes library and it still wouldn't even show in the library. Is there like a limit or something of songs you can have in your library (115)?? Is itunes blocking certain songs?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm confused, please help.
  2. whitepod

whitepod New Member

they are probably not in a recognizable format
  3. pytyl

pytyl New Member

I'm new to this, what formats are good and which aren't? And is there a way to change my brother's wrong formatted songs into the right format?
  4. degrutze

degrutze New Member

just use *.aac, mp3 format, its the easiest way i know, and lots of free converter provided in the internet, you can search it... or you can use loseless files if you have no problem with a bigger format files.
  5. linds

linds New Member

wma files are not compatible
  6. bburch11

bburch11 New Member

yeah, wma files are not compatible but when you add a song with that extension, itunes will tell you that it can convert it to aac