Why can't I access Wi-Fi in school, but other students can?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nintendork, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod can't access the internet in school, but I've seen others go on the internet and visit places like FaceBook and YouTube on theirs in school. I don't understand why I can't get on and they can. Any help?
  2. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You probably entered the wrong password. Or they might be using a proxy.
  3. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe because your suppose to be focused on learning?

- Have you asked them if they've done anything special to theirs? Have you tried resetting your network data?
  4. Ferrari3001

Ferrari3001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

You're not his moral councillor, and he could also have legitimate reasons for accessing Wi-Fi in the school.

Maybe the Wi-Fi network is private, and does not show up on devices? but the people who are connected know the name/password to the network.
  5. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't during class, only in my free time (and rarely even during that, too). My U.S. History II teacher even allows her students to use electronics during class (as long as they're doing work), and I don't even take advantage of that.

But don't worry about it, just answer the question at hand, please...

Also, no, I haven't

No, I don't have any legitimate reasons to. I'm talking about after school or during free time were teachers allow electronics.

Hmm, it may be private, but then that wouldn't make sense if the students are on it. You're not allowed electronics in school, so why would the staff distribute the school's network information to students?

I always thought they used their cell phone's internet service to connect with, but I don't know.

I never even entered anything to begin with. There are no networks that appear on my iPod, and I can't get online with it. There are no password prompts or anything of that aspect.
  6. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Why not ask them? Take a glance at what the name of the network they're connected to is.
  7. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, you're right; I don't know why I didn't do that in the past. But since I missed my chance, that's why I came here to ask.