why battery life on ipod touch 4g sucks?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jinjin12, Oct 23, 2010.

1. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

hey guys i just got my ipod touch 4g a week ago and i am really dissapointed in my ipod touch's battery life. it's supposed to go like 20 or something hours just listening to music right?

but when i listen to music it asts like 4 hours max. i set teh brightness on low, i turned off wifi, i turned on airplane mode. i used backgrounder to make sure that no apps are running in the background and it still sucks. i was listening to s song then i stopped it and put it in sleep mode b/c i had class then when i turned in on 1hr later, the battery life was down 5%, just on sleep mode.

i am very dissapointed, my zune 30g first generation has better battery life that was playing music AND VIDEOS. i am only using this for playing music and it don't even lasts long.

does it last long for anyone else?

edit: i am jailbroken btw, but i don't have alot of addons on the ipod, i mean if it ws supposed to last 20 something hrs with music playing, then at worst it should last maybe 7 hrs. but it don't even reach 4 hrs for me.
  2. bigjzoo

bigjzoo Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Mine lasts incredibly long. Jailbreaking and adding certain packages decreases battery life.
  3. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

but dude i didn't add many stuff i didn't even change my themes or anything. and even so, how can it go from max of 20 something hours to around 4 hrs max of just listening to music.
  4. vanzantapple

vanzantapple Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How was the battery life before you JBed it?

From apple.com "Music playback time: Up to 40 hours when fully charged"

I'm sure that 40 hours means NO screen time. They also say it should get 7 hours of video on a full charge. So you either have a problem or your doing something wrong.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry, just my imitation of SJ.

If I were you I'd run a few tests to see if you can get close to Apple's battery claim. If not, return it.

I'm pretty sure my iPT4 can hit 6 hours of video but that will be running the battery all the way down. 7 hrs..... Maybe under ideal conditions, what those conditions are? I don't know.

Specs of the new POD
  5. jinjin12

jinjin12 Active Member

before i jailbroke it, hmm i would not know because i jailbroke it right of of the box hahaha
  6. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    my battery lasts for about 2 days w/o a charge ( i do alot of web browsing on it also)
  7. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    huh? my iPod 3G lasts almost 35 hours with music even though apple says that it only gets 30. how come you are only getting 4 hours?
  8. xI Jakk Ix

xI Jakk Ix New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Check you don't have loads of things running in Multitasking. My friend had every single app running and he didn't even know what Multitasking was.
  9. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    take it to apple
  10. NightRocker

NightRocker Active Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    my ipod touch just lasted about 10 hours of music and playing games all day with about 60% of all apps running: about 30-40 apps in multitasking bar. and now i came home and after 10 hours of use i still have a little bit over 20%. your 4G has a problem.. BTW im jailbroken. before i jailbroke, my battery for music would last for like 15 hours of games and music