why are so many basic features missing?

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by imadhdpositive, Nov 27, 2007.

1. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

this weekend i bought myself a brand new flossin' ipod touch and although i find it to be very nice, it is missing a few key features. why are they missing? they are so basic/useful how could apple not think of this? they list as follows

software:
    -while viewing the player for a song, there is a "more from this album" button, but no "more from this artist button"
    -the miniplayer (double tap home button) has no shuffle or repeat button on it
    -while music is playing, the slide to unlock screen shows currently playing song and album art, but not actual artist or album name (absolutely necessary if song is missing album art!)
    -you can't change the background of the springboard without summerboard (that i find totally ridiculous)
    -there are no touchpad shortcuts (e.g. leftswipe across screen plays next song)

hardware:
    -lacking a pause/play/next/previous hardware button layout (would be very handy)

are there any 3rd party apps that fix anything like the problems i mentioned above, or make the UI better/equipped with more features?

feel free to post what you think is missing from touch's "OS X"
  2. whitepod

whitepod New Member

its because alot of those you don't need. Maybe you haven't figured out the WHOLE interface yet? ie the double clicking the home button with no shuffle or repeat is because if you tap the screen once it will have a place where you can select both of these
  3. buffonitaly

buffonitaly New Member

Well...

I think that it is missing some features like some more hardware buttons so that you can change the song and the volume easier. But Apple is trying to make it into a minimalistic slick device that it is and by doing this they sacrifice.
    (I think they should've made it a couple mm thicker to double the battery life or something)
  4. imadhdpositive

imadhdpositive New Member

if you tap the screen once when? when you are in the middle of safari, pictures, calendar? no.
  5. zachmanz8

zachmanz8 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    totally agree, the slide to skip function on the wake screen needs to be implemented. its the fasted way to change tracks. Right is next. Left is back. Someone might not get to it til the SDK though.
  6. straw_andy79

straw_andy79 New Member

Is anyone know when we going to have 3rd party application in our Ipod touch like what we can get in iphone ? Hopefully Apple can fullfill our need....

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. rajlak

rajlak New Member

fast forward and rewind in landscape mode

IS there any way to forwar and rewind in landscape mode? Thats the only way it will fit in that little stand they give but it forces the device into landscape mode and I can only see the artwork