Why are people returning their iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ujhony03, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ujhony03

ujhony03 New Member

Someone else here most likely already said this.

But.... why are some people so upset that they can't hack the iPoT?
    Of course, I would love to have it hacked. But why are people bashing on apple so much?
    Apple never promised "the iPhone on the iPodT".

"Oh well apple is evil because they aren't letting us have the same functionality as the iPhone"

Has anyone (the people that are upset) actually gone to school?
    Why on gods green earth would apple compete with itself?
    By allowing the touch to have the same funct. as the iPhone they are, in fact, competing with themselves. Economically this does not make sense. The iPhone would barely sell (its not even selling that many as it is --compared to ipod sales).

Please stop getting all "upitty" about the touch not being an iPhone. If you want the exact functionality as the iPhone, BUY AN IPHONE!!!

Now that its out of the way, I really do hope it gets hacked. But, if it doesn't, I wont go rushing to the store to return my touch, nor will I bash apple for protecting their product line.
  2. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    What I dont understand is why people cant wait. The iPod Touch will be hacked eventually. I'm never returning my ipod touch, this thing is sexy compared to my video ipod
  3. kevio

kevio New Member

The only reason I exchanged mine and will be exchanging again is because of the display issue. Otherwise it's a super sweet device. I can wait till someone hacks it or Apple releases updates. Honestly, if Apple sold apps ala cart I would be happy to pay for them. But because they probably won't it's up to the hacker community. Unfortunately Apple doesn't seem to be happy with that either.
  4. ediddy_getcrunk

ediddy_getcrunk New Member

im in agreement, i havent even got mine yet, and the only way i will return it is if somethings broken...but if it gets jailbroken im all over it
  5. WiLLGT09

WiLLGT09 New Member

Well said, ujhony03. My thoughts exactly.
  6. ujhony03

ujhony03 New Member

I really do hope it gets hacked. There are several groups here in the university that are also trying to hack it, a couple of friends of mines are even part of the group. I've even donated an extra touch that I bought for the group. I'm all for the hacking, but im very against the whole "lets get madd at apple" crap people are doing.
  7. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I think its great of apple to have created and released this device. And the fact that they released it early says alot. Regardless of the bugs this ipod is one of the best, if not the best. People dogging on apple about the lack of easy hackibility need to chill.

This thing will get hacked... just need to be patient.