Why are my apps crashing and closing automatically at midnight?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JackWH, Sep 2, 2009.

1. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Possessed iPod: apps crashing and closing at midnight!

Ok, the weirdest thing has been happened lately.

At 11:59PM this evening I was happily on Facebook 3.0's chat. Suddenly the screen freezes for a couple of seconds, Facebook disappears, and I'm back on the main screen (is it called the Springboard?). The clock shows midnight.

I launch facebook again and iv magically been signed out, wooo.

This is the fourth time this has happened to me, facebook crashing and closing at midnight. Now I thought it might just be facebook, but I was playing a word game app (a pretty good one, too, and it's free!) called Scramble (my next MR Team review methinks). This one quit a couple of days ago at midnight too.

Now are these just two dodgy apps? I haven't been able to try any others since midnight only comes every 24 hours, but I think too it happened once again on Rolando about a week ago. I can't confirm this was midnight, but it was definitely around that time and I remember Rolando quitting unexpectedly, then me going to sleep listening to the news on Radio 5 - full headlines are played every half hour on 5Live so midnight would be a logical guess.
  2. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    That has got to be the weirdest problem with an app ever.
    o___________O
    Maybe something to do with time resetting, or calendar day changing or something.
    Damn, that's weird.
  3. OngoBoingo

OngoBoingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    did you tried reseting your ipod and launching the applications again? Maybe it helps.
  4. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Could it be if your email push thing (thing that updates email every x amount of time) is set to 1 hour. When the email updates maybe it crashes?!?! That's a comletly random guess though.
  5. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow that does sound weird. It might be the memory the app is taking up. It dosent just sound weird it sounds a little freaky/scary.
  6. bluepigster

bluepigster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is nothing wrong with your ipod except for the fact that it is satanic and is possessed.

Back to my point, there is nothing wrong with your facebook; recent updates have not solved the chat issue. Its happening to me too. You might want to try rebooting your device, holding both the home and sleep buttons for 10 seconds. Do not let go until you see the apple logo again.

As for your word games... just maybe you'll be able to spell "Satan."
  7. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  8. JackWH

JackWH New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK... I've tried resetting the darn thing a few times but it still plays up. It's reallly weird.

email push is set to 15 minutes. I can normally hear the email 'ding' whilst playing or using apps without any crashes.

the only time facebook has EVER crashed on me is at midnight. never at any other times...

Could anyone else give it a go? Open up facebook or something and use it normally at 11:55 for a few minutes?
  9. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sure i'll try this tonight to see wat happens will update after checking