Why Apples CDMA Chips may be for iPhone, not iPad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rmc08, Aug 20, 2010.

1. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Yes, I know the thoughts have flaws, but here's just some thoughts that rose into my mind on all the rumors that have been floating around for the Verizon iPhone (taken from my blog, I'm not linking it because it's my blog, mods might get mad).

---------------------------------

Thoughts on why Apple's CDMA chips AREN'T for a 2G iPad

We all know of the constant rumors about the iPhone on Verizon, whether it be the Liquid Metal backing, CDMA code left over from iOS, "UnknownDevice" USB recognition, or most importantly, the millions of CDMA chips mysteriously ordered by Apple. All the rumors come together like a puzzle, making the rumors very plausible. For those thinking that the CDMA chips may be for a new iPad instead of a Verizon iPhone, it's a good thought, but the wrong idea. Apple will most likely sell between 1-2 million iPhones within the first few weeks, and most likely around 5-6 million over the period of half a year, especially if it goes international. That's around 7-8 million CDMA chips total, very close to the 10 million ordered. While the iPad used to sell every 3 seconds, those times have gone, and the popularity of the iPad has neutralized.

Meanwhile, approximately 34% of AT&T users are waiting to switch to Verizon to get the iPhone, and 1/3rd of Verizon users are waiting for the arrival of the Verizon iPhone. Also, as for the "UnknownDevice" rumor, I am a little bit unsure. In my opinion, it is 1 of 2 things; a Verizon iPhone, or a Verizon iPad. Why isn't it the Apple iTV? Simple, the iPhone and iPad are plugged into a computer more frequently via USB than an iTV (which is plugged into a TV for most of it's lifespan).

The thing REALLY pushing together the January iPhone is actually the Liquid Metal. Apple bought this company to ensure that Verizon iPhone users don't complain of the antennagate "death grip" issue, because who want's lower signal? One possible flaw to this idea is that they may just be using this to replace glass backings on future AT&T iPhones, but I'm going to stick with Verizon iPhone for now

Please Register or Log in to view images

You can take some of these ideas in to account, or you can push the rumors aside and deny the Verizon iPhone completely, with the intentions that the "UnknownDevice" is iTV, the CDMA chips and iOS activation coding is for the iPad, and the Liquid Metal is for AT&T iPhones. I don't really care, because in my head, I see myself holding that Verizon iPhone on approximately January 28th, 2011.

P.S.: Don't flame me, these are just thoughts.
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Good thought. Very nicely done sir.

This is very accurate. I also Apple will make the iPhone4,2 for Verizon.
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The liquid metal turned out to be for the iPhone sim ejector tool...
  4. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Thanks

I'm sure they'll use it for other things other than just the SIM ejector tool haha, they don't spend billions on a company for one little tool xD
  5. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I realize that it could be for more, I'm just saying that they could have bought it to avoid a suit as they used the liquid metal for the sim ejector for the iPhone before they bought it.
  6. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Omega Watches used Liquid Metal for their products. You don't particularly need to buy a company just to use their product lol, it's just that Apple now has complete ownership of the company so no one else can use it. Now if someone else were to use the technology, Apple will sue them

7. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My $.02

What has a bigger install base, iPhone or iPad? Exactly.
  8. Full4God

Full4God New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Apple didn't actually buy the whole Liquidmetal company. For an undisclosed sum (at least USD 10.9M), apple bought the patent rights to use Liquidmetal's superior amorphous alloy technology in Apple's electronic products. Speculation is how Apple intends to use this technology; however, Apple has already been awarded a number of patents within the past year that employ Liquidmetal amorphous technology. During the past 2 years, Apple has been evaluating this technology (under the radar) in the field (SIM ejector tool), but is also reported to be using it in Apple's newest product, the Bluetooth Trackpad. The real question for me is: Will Liquidmetal be producing the parts for Apple products? Or does Apple's investment in Liquidmetal permit Apple to manufacture its own Liquidmetal components? Seeing that Liquidmetal recently replaced two key people in the corporate structure (chief finance officer and President/CEO), the indicator is that Liquidmetal is shoring up its own infrastructure to meet Apple's demand. There are reports that Apple is attempting to purchase a Chinese company. This could give Apple the two sources it requires before launching this venture. I personally believe it is a GREAT time to invest in Liquidmetal (LQMT.PK). But I could be wrong.
  9. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    lol, source?