Why Apple! Why make a Canadian Itunes?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Rougelead, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Rougelead

Rougelead New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I’m not sure why companies are making country oriented versions of the same thing.

Anyways, now I can not purchase free apps off of the Appstore on my Ipod. Thanks. I would really rather not connect my Ipod to the computer because...Oh what, u want to sync every app I already have on my Ipod AGAIN!

It’s as if apple thinks that just because they are in a different Country they deserve their own website. Ok sure good for us we get our own itunes that we can’t use on our Iphone, and we now need to be re-directed to the same site when ever I log into itunes store.

But...really! Come on Apple seems to be headed into the English problem. I will explain this for the people who don’t know. There have been 2 types of English, UK English (which uses the same words) and US English (which uses the same words). But for what ever reason to read the text u must select a language. BUT WHATS THE DIFFERENCE!!!! People are not going to change truck, elevator, and sex...to...Lorry, Shaft, and Shag (yea I know that’s all I got off of Austin powers)

So...now I ask you what, is the difference between Canadian and American itunes. NOTHING! Big business is becoming so stupid.
  2. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

they want Canada to feel Special
  3. US English= or + center
    UK English= our + centre
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Laws you ignorant kid!

That's the difference!
  4. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

colour is uk english

5. Yup, and Canadia(lol) English.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Different countries have different laws and regulations regarding copyrights, etc. That's why there's a Canadian iTunes site.
  7. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Makes sense, I was just going to assume that if US get's iTunes why shouldn't canada. It's so strange I have never seen Skylar online, i look at your profile like one minute after you post but it says you are offline. So mysterious
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    For one, Canada has different tax laws in accordance with purchasing software through a web-based service.
  9. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that is because he is logged as invisable. i will do that soon.

well then move to US then....