Who's not stoked for Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by whitepod, Jan 23, 2008.

1. whitepod

whitepod New Member

I hate the idea that they are releasing the jailbreak. To my knowledge they were waiting so sdk could be released and apple wouldn't have to change anything. Now that its going to be released won't it take longer for apple to release an sdk? Since they will be trying to make it better than jailbreak or something? I'm stoked for the sdk release and not so stoked on the new jailbreak, why does everyone want it anyway you get get pretty much everything on a jailbroken 1.1.2 except for maybe the webclips, correct?
  2. inpala

inpala New Member

Don't forget the rental service, re-arrange of icons, and the new google application (where you can pin point your location)
  3. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

then don't jailbrake....
  4. whitepod

whitepod New Member

Way to read the first sentence. I don't want jailbreak to be released because i believe it will take Apple longer to release their SDK.
  5. kyleshelton01

kyleshelton01 New Member

My point was don't b*tch about something you don't have to do and also to help you out with your question. From what I have read they have 2 ways of Jailbraking coming out. One now and another when the SDK comes out.......And no they will not hold off on releasing the SDK over that. That isn't even the point of the SDK its not a firmware meant to block us from jailbraking it. It is a new option they made to try to make more money we will have to pay for every no program now i am sure
  6. whitepod

whitepod New Member

and my point is your a dumb ass who doesn't see any other sides. I NEVER SAID THAT I DIDTN"T LIKE JAILBREAK. i just wish they would wait to release it. don't be such an ass. but im guessing your gonna talk big and get your way out of this one since your online.
  7. tripacer

tripacer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if apple does somehow fix the exploit for 1.1.3 in time for the SDK to be released, the dev team 'll just use the other exploit they found to jailbreak 1.1.4....

i dont see why its such a big deal.
  8. wildrice128

wildrice128 New Member

I don't believe Apple considers themselves in competition from a product standpoint with the sdk, at least in the way you're describing. I would hypothesize that they've already taken into account the idea of trying to get paid apps for free, and have done their homework to counteract this, much like what they did with the recent paid update. Yes, it may be possible in the future to use the enhanced 1.1.3 apps on 1.1.2, but since it seems your identifying information is linked to the apps, most people would shy away from this.
    Also, the install base of the touch compared to the subset of users interested in a jailbreak is quite large. To draw a paralel, look at the people that buy music legitimately off itunes versus getting it through *******s or another source.
  9. FrankDaTank089

FrankDaTank089 New Member

this comes straight from that site that another member posted about the 1.1.3 jailbreak being released as soon as tomorrow night.

"iPhone Atlas has now learned that one closely guarded, software-based jailbreak method will be reserved for release after Apple ships the official iPhone SDK, which the company is due to discuss (but not necessarily ship) sometime in February. The other method will be released much sooner."
  10. link_08

link_08 New Member

hey what the F@@@@(***) since u have a jailbroken ipod anybody should be really greatful since all the staff is free and they are still working hard for you, without asking for any money and there is people who still saying that hate for waiting jaja, and be greatful with the forum to baby.