whos going to sell out?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by makaveldon04i, Mar 1, 2008.

1. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

okay...i am just dropping my 2 cents on what ive noticed lately..flame or not flame, you can drop your thoughts and whether or not you agree...

ever since SDK was announced, slowly people started to pull out their apps/games because SDK=money for them if they decide to be partners with apple...

now, i understand that people are trying to make some money, and im totally fine with that...its just that i think that in a matter of months jailbreaking /apps will be a dead end for most people since many people will go with SDK and publish their apps on itunes...

idc what people think about my opinion really, but ive already seen like 3-4 developers pull their games/apps until SDK is released so they can work with apple.....

peace
  2. steveo3

steveo3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    your kinda right but i hope not
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

i wonder if like STE and r4m0n and skylar will also join the band wagon for SDK...
  4. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i sure won't sell out even thought i have only maybe like 3 apps lol......

oh well we can always piss them off and just have 1 person buy it and share it with ever1 else =] you should find some1 that will repo all of apples sdk apps. then every12 in the comunity can pitch in and donate/buy an app and send it to them
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

r4m0n and I have talked about the possibility of selling iPhysics/iPinball/new games through iTunes if possible after the SDK. Obviously, the engine, and games would have to be improved drastically to be sold. There are still alot of unkowns with the SDK, so it is hard to speculate which way devs will go.

r4m0n is pretty laid back about it, and just wants to make a good program for now, and then find out what Apple is going to do.

For me.. the thought of selling 100,000 legal copies of iPinball through iTunes, for $1.00 is appealing

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think the game is definately worth $1.00. And I personally don't think it would be greedy to charge for apps. I personally have probably spent over 500 hours learning and programming levels for iPhysics. I did it for fun, and I still do, but it would be nice to see a return on my time investment one day.

If Apple makes it tough for small devs to get onboard, then I will continue to do what I can for the community for fun.

I would also be willing to pay a few dollars each for some of the other apps out there.. ie Moo's music apps, converter, iZoo, text twist, chess, pool, and others..
  6. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

yeah, i tolly understand that its buisness, and id do the same if i was sucessful with making apps..but if everyone migrates over to apple, jailbreaking will die because there will be no new apps...
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

wut would be hell was if devs just used the jailbreak community to test out their apps then pull them for SDK like the dev of iblackjack did. basically we'd be getting 2nd rate apps, lack of improvements, then they would be taken off for SDK

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. frankdot

frankdot New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i think that you are being greedy if you assume that devs dont want money. they spend a ridiculous amount of time on apps and as long as they charge a fair amount, ill pay for a good app. (ie iPhysics, iZoo)
  9. x6blues

x6blues New Member

yes, but SDK is changing the system, b4 they relied on donations now all who get the app will be made to pay..but u have a good point, after awhile we all become freeloaders
  10. steaky

steaky New Member

As long as prices are not like, $20 for an app I am ok with it. iBlackjack, for example is worth $5 to me. Any more, and Im not interested. Id rather see a donation system and im sure that will happen also.

I dont mind paying, but also dont look to jailbreakers for free beta testing then either and leave them out to dry, eg. iBlackjack.