WHOOPS: Radioshack accidently advertises Jailbroken iPod Touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by appleipodguyxx, Apr 13, 2008.

1. appleipodguyxx

appleipodguyxx New Member

WHOOPS: Radioshack accidentally advertises Jailbroken iPod Touch!

This morning i was looking at the ads for stores in the paper, & when i came across radioshack's add i noticed the ipod touch had a few extra icons. I took a closer look & realized that one of the icons said installer... Well first of all app store isnt even released till this june. & even if it was now, it wouldn't say Installer (it would say app store) im sure you all no what the app store icon looks like by now. But anyways i think radioshack goofed & is falsely advertising... I scanned some pictures of the add & they are attached down below.

LOOK HERE >>>: Ok guys umnn, alot of people & websites have been posting my pictures & my exact story copy & pasted, not giving me any credit. I'm almost 100% certain that i am the original founder of this ordeal. I posted this around 12:00 PM EST yesterday April 13th, 2008, which i believe was the first post of this anywhere ever. Other sites like engadgnet posted it at 3:04 pm (with my picture), & they are taking all credit (& told me the picture was emailed to them blah blah blah). Also a whole bunch of other website like modmyiphone, etc. are doing the same. let me know if you find any other sites.
    -----it would be NICE for some credit...

-i know this isn't that big of a deal but i found it quite interesting

Please Register or Log in to view images

UPDATE!!!: You can view the add i have online straight off radioshacks' website FOR PROOF its real

http://radioshack.shoplocal.com/rad...oShack-080413&promotioncode=RadioShack-080413

Please take a look & let me know what you think.

--btw if you don't believe me look on the 2nd page of this sunday's radioshop add (if you get it) in the paper. also i can ensure you that this is NOT photoshopped, i do not have photoshop or even the skills to photoshop something like this...

-appleipodguyxx

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont believe it ! dang
  3. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that is funny when 1.1.1 was the normal firmware every ipod in the apple store i went to was jailbroken it was kinda funny but i felt bad for the guy who had to go through the restore proces every day
  4. wyvern706

wyvern706 New Member

thats pretty tight 4 the 1 who buys
  5. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Cough* Photoshop Cough*
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

lol i believe it. at my local best buy I jailbreak their touchs and they like it

draws customers.
  7. music4life

music4life Active Member

My guess, is they're too cheap to buy the iPhone apps for the iPod, so they jailbroke it to make you think it comes with those apps...hahah cheap asses.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

Erm, I don't think he photoshopped the pictures... l

And that's pretty funny, that's like the second or third case I have seen of this (advertised jailbroken iPods).
  9. beezy

beezy New Member

pretty sick, wat u think it means, app store, jailbroken, new firmware addition perhaps?
  10. woogyboogy

woogyboogy New Member

thats so funny