Who wants to take their iPod Touch apart to hack it?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by gfabry, Oct 1, 2007.

1. gfabry

gfabry New Member

Hmmm... so I was wondering, the iPoT flash drive is partitioned into two parts, the music and the OS, right? So if you took out the flash drive and connected it separately you should be able to read both partions, modify sh*t, blah blah blah. And maybe you could use the info from the hidden partition on the flash drive to figure out how to get into hidden partition regularly? It's just a guess... and a long shot at that. Worth a shot to perhaps get a broken/beat up iPoT off eBay/craigslist and read the hard drive. Just my thoughts. Feedback, please?
  2. dbusack

dbusack New Member

Wasn't someone already trying to do this? And then they got pwnd by Apple when they were hosting the floods of binaries coming off the broken touch online. Apple got the ISP to shut them down. My guess is even if the guy figures it out, he may be reluctant to post it online.
  3. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Or at least make it public where he posts it.

He could Im/email some other hackers and set up a [PIRACY.rs] or FTP link privatly next time.
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yea seriously, if you're doing something like that... why wouldnt you at least hide your IP... he couldve easily uploaded the stuff if he wouldve did that and then we might be in a better situation if the iphone/ipod devs got ahold of that dump.
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    they should also upload it in several different places so its harder for apple to get to it huh?
  6. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yer to think we may have had other apps on it by now any way I'm not going to go inside my touch never