Who said iPod touch typing is slow?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Killa-X, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well first, if it wasn't for me being on my iPod right now, I'd give a picture I snapped of my score. For now, I guess you'll just have to beleive me. There's a site like ipod typing test. When you click in the blue typing field, it gives you a random saying for you to type. Only flaw is you gotta scroll up a tax when you click on landscape. I was easly able to score 40-48 with 5 different tests. If I was on my PDA, this thread wouldn't even be this long. Go try a speed test on landscape and see what you can do

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Cypress

Cypress New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    agreed. and there is also an apps which gives you detailled information how fast you are!
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    i can type pretty fast... its never been a problem for me :\
  4. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It took me a while to get used to the layout on the Touch, but once I did, I can move along at a good pace.
  5. cainy

cainy New Member

its quick now theres no keyboard lag, typing is like being on 1.1.2 now its great...just need copy/paste and that will complete it

6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

I don't know, i say it's fast
  7. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm just saying...Use to hear people on youtube say "The ipod sucks at typing, it isnt accurate, its hard to hit tiny buttons, etc" Maybe true for a PDA but not ipod. Much of those comments cause people to post youtube videos like "Ipod touch keyboard not accurate?" and you know, they type fast no mistakes.

I love it over my DS and PDA. Poke-typing is SLOW! and your brain goes "type. fast. easy. short. words."
  8. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I used to hate iPod typing but it is good, and you get props when you can say you have a virtual keyboard

9. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Personally, I can only type fast with the portrait keyboard. But with that, it's essentially the same as typing on a normal keyboard for me (after a LOT of use, and with two thumbs). But yeah, now it's easy, but I can't stand landscape mode. Eew. xD
  10. Killa-X

Killa-X Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I use to be the same way. I was able to type so fast in portrait. After I started liking landscape internet browsing, I loved landscape. Its more movement, but you feel you got a lot of room to hit keys. Now, I don't like portrait. I rather meebo VS ipod AIM ONLY because of landscape