Who knows what pandora's battery is?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by cacman93, Aug 2, 2008.

1. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello all, when i was hacking my psp, Dark-alex, the psp version of dev team, made this thing called "Pandora's Battery" what it is is something that will let you reinstall the os of the psp. Now in the update of blog iphone, it says that if they ever brick their iphones, they can restore them. So this leads me to think that they are making a "Pandora's Battery" for the iphone.

So basically, Pandora's battery was something that could unbrick a psp if someone had accidently messed up their os.

If you want more info about pandora's battery, feel free to ask.
  2. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

why not just click restore in itunes...
  3. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Pandoras battery is a psp unbricker if your psp gets bricked then use it. I hear it also can help you downgrade or something. Wait they are devs for the iphone now? that would be awesome. I've never been able to downgrade my psp due to having such a high firmware and updating a lot, but these devs are some of the best in the entire hacking community.
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i didnt know the PSP used iTunes! Golly!

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: ok i didnt read the whole thing....sorry

Anyway....how does the battery help reinstall firmware? It sounds useful.
  5. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    to make a pandora you have to disconnect a circuit on the board of the regular psp battery. Which allows your pap to boot straight from your memory card( this is where you will have your custom firmware) and be able to load and install custom firmware
  6. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, guys, calm down, the first poster besides me, The pandora battery is for fixing a bricked psp, we all know that it is hard to brick an iphone, but if it was to happen, pandora equiltant would be possible I THINK becuase of what the dev said on there site.

Okay now, the regular battery in a psp has a chip in it which checks to see what firmware is on the psp. Now a pandora's battery disables the EEPROM of the battery, aka the chip, which then allows the psp to run "hacked code" and reinstall the os.

No, i am not saying that dark alex is converting to iphone, i am just saying that theire could be a possible pandora for the iphone.
  7. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It executes an application/image off of a memory stick that goes along with it. The memory stick has also been known to be called the "Magic Memory Stick" among other names that I can't remember... I like that name it's pretty nifty.

From there you can downgrade or unbrick your PSP/PSP Slim (1.50 being the default for PSP Phat, or 3.60 for PSP Slim. (Has made a Pandora's Battery and MMS, and has downgraded and unbricked countless amount of times... -_-)
  8. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yeah, what clown assassin said, you need a psp mem stick with cfw on it, then the hacked battery installs the cfw into the psp, sourght of like pwnning an iphone restore file.
  9. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    wow thats pretty sweet.

the more i think about it the cooler it seems!! the possibilities are endless!!!

10. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

So have i.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yeah, they are endless, here to show what i am saying read this post by blog iphone, and read the 4 paragraph on the Updates.

here is the link. http://blog.iphone-dev.org/