who is your favorite hip-hop artist?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Baggy Spandex, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    alright its time to see where all the hip-hop heads on iPod touch Fans are.
    who is your favorite hip hop artist/group?
    past or present.
    it can be a dj or whatever.
    strictly hip-hop.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    black eyed peas!!! haha i dont really know
  3. Comrade J

Comrade J Banned

hmmm. well my favorite artist is too hard to pick. kuz i mean theres too many factors taht go in deciding a fav artists. for example nas, i f***in LOVE his lyrics. but sometimes his beats are garbage and i dont really give that much interest to a song with a sh*t beat. then we have someone like canibus or talib kweli whose beats seem to be above average most of the time even though their lyrics might not be.

so to sum this up, overall i would say my favorite hip hop artist has to be nas. undying love FTW!
  4. Snooper

Snooper Banned

5. SLLhotD

SLLhotD Member

T.I and Lil Wayne
    If you like T.I and you dont have Paper Trail, click d link in my sig and you will love it
  6. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    oops i forgot to say mine.
    RJD2
  7. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Man, that's a hard decision. T.I. is a beast, like comrade said Nas has some great lyrics but sometimes his beats be sh*t. Young Jeezy is killing and has been killing his Recession CD is crazy. I listen to like every track (Who Dat and Circulate the most). Kanye West is another great rapper because his vibe is different it's on some other world sh*t (who doesn't like Love Lockdown?). Talib Kweli is always spitting some real, real sh*t. Dj Khaled is ok ( he just played out that "we the best") So, I really can't say who my favorite is. Way to many factors.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Talib Kweli is an amazing lyricst. One of the best out. Even Jay Z said: "If skills sold, then truth be told, I’d probably be, lyrically, Talib Kweli." His lyrics are good, but some of his music just doesn't have the right vibe for me. I did enjoy a few tracks from his last album.

Anyways, it's really hard for me to pick a favorite. One of my favorites that's highly under rated is Chamillioniare. People only assume all of his music is like that "Ridin Dirty" sh*t, but it's much more than that. He's also an amazing lyricst, but his music is easier to listen to than say Talib Kweli. He's probably the best rapper from the south. And this is coming from a long time T.I. fan. His Mixtape Messiah CDs are all great, the latest being the greatest.

Nas is also one of my favorite rappers along with a few others like Kanye, Jay Z and Ludacris.
  9. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Another underrated lyricist I can"t believe I forgot was Lupe. He isn't about rapping about hoes, sex and money (not saying that's a bad thing). But the Cool is a great album no doubt and Lupe is highly, highly underrated.
  10. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    atm, 3OH!3 or zearle.

prolly zearle. 3OH!3 isnt really hiphop.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.