Who has that...sad, empty feeling?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sprint_user, Dec 5, 2008.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I dunno what it is....I just feel bad that the devs are kinda shunning the 2G iPod touch. I mean, don't you remember when it first came out, and there was that front page thread saying that the devs are going to crack down and hack this thing? It was like..."HAMMER TIME!" I mean, just seeing the linux kernal being ported makes me sad that we are going to miss out on having a iPocketPC or a iLinux or whatever. Believe me, I still love the all of the dev teams and they are freakin amazing I just wish apple didn't make something unhackabe (or too hard to hack?)

[/being selfish and bratty]

well, Im glad I got that off my chest, I just hope there is still a chance for a jailbreak

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Same here dude; i really do hope they come out with a jailbreak for it,

apple -.-
  3. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

Yeah, I really couldn't agree more with you. The iPhone Dev Team didn't hesitate to hack the iPod touch 1G back in 07', so what's the change of heart? I understand there working on the 3G software unlock, but it almost seems as if they don't care one bit about the 2G.

4. rawksomesawkshawk

rawksomesawkshawk New Member

I remember seeing a comment by the iphone dev team saying that even if they jailbreak it that they would wait before Apple releases a new Touch or iphone so they wouldn't have to go through this again. I don't think we'll be seeing a 2g JB for a long time.
  5. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Three things I'm not really happy about is that I can't change even the wallpaper which really should be a feature in the first place. Second thing is that I can't use my blue tooth adapter or the built in one. Third is that they changed how it can be charged so all my current ipod accessories crap is worthless. Thanks Crapple...

With all that said I still don't miss my 1g.
  6. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

It will happen, I'm not too worried. I just want to customize really.
  7. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it would be best if we all stopped thinking about JB so we won't gt insane. I'm getting pretty anxious too but it's kinda depressing when you think that we probably have to wait 4 more months or so
  8. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Sorry, but even a jailbreak won't help you there. Apple took that out of the hardware. They've actually been trying to get rid of it for awhile, it's not just Apple's fault, as they've been urging third parties to change their charging protocol for awhile.

I do want a jailbreak though.
  9. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  10. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah... if they did change those third party companies would be out of a job because they couldn't sell anything so they just keep flip flopping and we (consumers) have to keep buying. I'm sorry, I can't believe Apple is innocent in this either...