Who Got Installer to Work? Need Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Installer.app' started by xSNOWCAT, Jan 27, 2008.

1. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i tried everything i got the "fix" from the sticky but it didnt work i still get " Script Error" so i was wondering how did you guys ( if you did) get Installer to work any help will be great.

Thanks
  2. kingjarman

kingjarman Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    now i don't even have installer.
  3. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

I get the Script Error as well, even with the apps that were supposedly updated to 1.1.3.
  4. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    anybody else get it to work?
  5. GuybrushT

GuybrushT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  6. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    At some point if you can't solve this it may be faster and easier to just jailbreak from 1.1.1, to 1.1.2, all the way to 1.1.3... I did this in the morning as I'd lost SSH and Installer.app refused to open...
  7. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i got it to work.
    what they don't clarify is the chmod step.

in winscp... click commands then open terminal and just copy and paste the chmod thing they tell you to do after you copied over the installer file. it should work.

you still will have like no free disk space though. dunno why that is, but you can install apps again at least.
  8. xSNOWCAT

xSNOWCAT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    GODDDD

just when i thought it was working i'll installed 3 apps and now it keeps crashing......WTFF
  9. windowsexpert08

windowsexpert08 New Member

alright what i did was i completeley restored ipod to 1.1.1 (deleted everything including music etc.) Then i went to jailbreakme.com and installed appsnapp. Then install oktoprep. Get the 1.1.2 jailbreak file. Do all that. Now you have ipod with 1.1.2 jailbreak with nothing other then basic apps and installer (do not install any apps and do not put your music back on yet). Then i went to installer. Installed bsd subsystem and openssh. Then you will see a update, the update will be in the update section of installer. Click on there and hit update all at the top right. Now restart your ipod. Go to installer and add skylars source. Now what i did here was i brought my wall charger downstairs sitting right next to my router, then i plugged my ipod into the wall charger and installed the 1.1.3 dev upgrade jailbreak package. This way you will have awesome signal strength and it will go faster.

Hope this helps