Who actually uses tablet computers?

Discussion in 'iPad Rumors and Pre-release Hype' started by Xhiea, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I may not be the only person thinking this, but apple arent exactly moving into a booming business... I've only ever seen one proper tablet pc and that was used by somebody doing a presentation...

The great thing about laptops is that for the size, you get a full computer, usb ports, disk drive, full keyboard and a large screen which faces towards you when you place it down. Tablets are merely just the screen, meaning that it does not benefit from the protection of being closed, you dont get a full physical keyboard, and its highly unlikely that you will get all the external ports a macbook has.

With the iPhone apple broke into an absolutely huge market, there are more phones than people in this country. However tablet computers are just not a big market at all...

who knows, maybe apple will create the market for tablet computers and we'll see them made by everybody everywhere.

personally i hate the idea of a tablet computer, especially running the crippled version of mac OS X that is iphone OS
  2. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    not me. thats why im getting a macbook pro and not some stupid tablet.
    i agree with you fully. everyone has laptops. i dont ever recall seeing someone using a tablet computer.
  3. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know what you mean by "proper", but my laptop's screen folds down so you can use it in tablet form.
  4. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i mean a tablet pc that is only a tablet pc, i know that some laptops allow the screen to be used as a tablet but thats not the same thing, its still a laptop
  5. Octizzle

Octizzle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    thats why its taken so long to come out
    apple knows they're going into a small industry (if they even are making a tablet)
    so they do their best to make it the most kick-ass thing anybody will ever see in there entire life untill the next one comes out
  6. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That's a great question. I don't know why you would want a Tablet.
    I find them useless.
  7. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i hope its like the ipod touch...just so awesome that you have to buy it. then ill save on buying an expensive(-er) macbook pro. i doubt itll happen tho...
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    People in Medicine (Doctors, Nurses, etc), Architects, Military, Business, Government

Btw, the iPod touch and iPhone could be considered Tablet computers.
  9. Hellishness

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^well, i dont apply to any of those categories (and i doubt the avg. person does)...and i would imagine that they (said categories) would most likely use pc's.
  10. Elishallen

Elishallen New Member

the laptops that like flip around to a tablet like thing are pretty hardcore.