White spots under screen.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nitsua93, Jan 10, 2010.

1. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I recently noticed that my screen has many white spots underneath the glass on my iPod. It looks like it's in between the screen and the glass. I thought at first maybe it's just pocket lint that finds it's way in but I don't know how that would happen.
    I'm reluctant to take my glass off to try and clean it. Any ideas as to what it might be? Maybe bad pixels?
  2. Chronico

Chronico New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This happened to my itouch 2g. I'm pretty sure it's pocket lint. I wouldn't risk taking it apart unless you really know what your doing.

Look real close and you can see the lines for all the pixels. If its a blob then it's pocket lint. If it's a tiny square inside the lines then its a pixel.

Also look in between ware the glass and the metal connect (ware the lint would fall in). If you look in there and you can see light coming out that means they mest up putting the gasket on. That happened to me with one Itouch 2g and they replaced and said thats defiantly not suppose to be there. That would make it allot easier for lint to get in.

Good luck
  3. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well I don't have a warranty anymore and I don't live anywhere near an apple store so I don't think I can get the gasket fixed. And they're definitely blobs. not dead pixels.
  4. Fulaeetoy

Fulaeetoy New Member

there are video tutorials on youtube on how to disassemble our ipods. just proceed with caution.