White spot inscreen ipod :S

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jim Ver, May 25, 2009.

1. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

I noticed 2 day back that there was a white spot just on the edge of the Home button to glas. But when i looked at it from an angle it seemed to be in the glass. I thought it was trapt under my screen protector so i left it like this.

Today on school a friend showed me a game and i noticed that he had liek 10 spots near the home screen that looks like scratches but arn't :S he isn't using a screen shield

But i want to ask what is this and how can i prevent this or remove it ??
    Are there more peopel with this. Srry for the bad explanation but its kinda weird
  2. _Devn_

_Devn_ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    same with me i hav a lot of those spots on my screen... it is most likely dust tht some how got under the screen.. bc my friend was cutting wood with a saw and he had his phone out and now the screen is filled with sawdust and is almost unusable... i dont kno of any fixes to stop this from happening
  3. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Those spots around the glass of the home button are chips. When a larger piece of dust or a particle gets lodged between the home button and the glass surrounding it -when the home button gets pressed the particle rubs the edge surrounding the home button causing the black paint to wear off.

Paint you say? Yes, paint. The face of the iPod starts out as a solid piece glass, the underside where the screen doesn't show is coated with either black paint or another substance. Then they have to cut out a hole to the home button -after the hole is cut the edges are clear so more of the black coating is applied so you don't see the white area you're seeing now.

The bottom edge of the glass around my home button has 5 big white spots. When it first happened I me I thought the glass was cracked but couldn't tell because of my screen protector. I ripped my screen protector off just to find that it was just paint. What waste of $15.00 for that screen protector. Lol.

This can be prevented by either using a screen protector, rubber case, or hard case that covers the home button.

I hope that has helped you.
  4. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

Thx so there isn't dust under the screen just the 'cave' where the home button in is is scratched

i can live with that thx for the info
  5. souffyy

souffyy New Member

can you fix this problem????

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, not without send it back which is pointless. You'll eventually learn to ignore it.