White screen!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kozaysan, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Kozaysan

Kozaysan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Please help! My 1st gen ipod touch shows a white screen. I turned it on, and my Itunes recognizes it, syncs it, and everything. I tried unlocking it and I hear it make the clicking sound as I do. I can still play music on it too. Just a white screen though T_____T

Ive reset it, restored it, everything. Please, I need help!
  2. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    put it into DFU and then restore, if you dont know how to do so:

turn it off (since u cant actually see the screen i suggest holding both buttons for a while)
    then press the power button fro 3 secs
    without letting go of power press home for 10 secs
    let go of power and keep holding home for about 30 secs

the screen might go black if it was still white but other than that the only way you will know it has connected is that the computer will recognise it, now restore it from there
  3. brovius

brovius Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Or the screen is just broken?
    If what daconcerror said doesn't improve it, consider taking it to the nearest Apple Store.
  4. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i thought at first that the screen was just broken but that doesnt understand why he could still hear the click to unlock. This has happened to me but with a black screen and i thought the screen was broken but i knew it wasnt because of the click.

basicly, if your screen was broken completely you would not be able to unlock it or interact with it at all even if the screen is white