White Screen - Will Apple Replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kidfork, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Kidfork

Kidfork Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright so I was sleeping today and when i got up my phone fell off my lap, not a very far drop. So I did some research and i tried Hard Resetting It. Restoring it, etc. Nothing, Now its a white screen with grey lines. I called apple and there going to send me a fedex box to have it shipped out. It had been jailbroken but its been restored so they wont find out. Do you think they will find out i dropped it? And do you think they will replace it?
  2. bamxbam

bamxbam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    They won't really know you dropped it unless it has like some serious cracks in it. Believe it or not if your confidant make a somewhat believable story like "The screen just went weird and started looking white with gray lines" or something along those lines they will replace it under the [1 yr warranty] that comes with iphones if your still in the 1 year zone.
  3. Kidfork

Kidfork Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It Has always been very well taken care of, And yes its still under warranty, purchased in August 09
  4. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    If you have a small phillips scredriver and a small suction cup you may be able to fix it yourself. I had my iPhone nkocked off of the computer desk and the screen did the same, all white. If you unscrew the 2 screws on the bottom of the phone, by the dock connector, you can easily take the screen off. Just attach the suction cup towards the bottom of the screen and gently pull up. When you have pulled the bottom of the screen up you can look inside towards the top of the phone and you will see 3 connectors stacked. Make sure all three are connected. When mine dropped one jsut popped loose. I opened it up and reconnected it and it was as good as new. Don't worry, there are no warranty stickers if thats as far as you take it. Before you are out a phone for a few days it may be worth seeing if you can first fix it free and fast.
  5. Kidfork

Kidfork Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Called Apple Monday, box was here Tuesday, shipped out Wendesday, There Thursday, Replacement Shipped Friday, VERY IMPRESSED. Will report back when I receive it monday.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Brand New iPhone Received. Go Apple