White screen- Software or Hardware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tmujir955, Nov 22, 2009.

1. tmujir955

tmujir955 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So yeah, I have been using my Ipod Touch for maybe a year, and yesterday I noticed a thin,white line on the right side of the screen. I tried to play a game, and the entire bottom half of the screen began to shake! Then the entire screen became a blank white. Resetting by holding the home and power buttons did not work, I see the screen for a second before it turns white. Is this a software problem I can fix by restoring, or a hardware problem? Please help, I'm running 3.0 jailbroken with redsn0w.
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    idk, but i have a white line on the bottom of mine, so if this happens to me, i will like to know. if i had to take a guess, i'd say its hardware
  3. tmujir955

tmujir955 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Really? Darn. So do have to get a replacement screen or something like that,or should I try restoring first?
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Try restoring first. It'd be pretty annoying to replace the screen, to then find that the problem persists and that you just needed to restore.
  5. joe0245

joe0245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I had a complete white screen on mine. restored many times, and no difference. Take it back to shop of purchase and get a replacement (if its still in warrenty that is!)