white screen on start up then flickering?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nafan, May 13, 2010.

1. nafan

nafan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    hey ive been visiting this site for ages now and thought i may aswell actually make an account. so here i am..

turns out i do have a problem though, with my ipod touch 3G. like a couple of weeks ago i noticed the screen seemed as though it was fading but it would come right after a few minutes. and now its at the point where i turn it on and the screen stays solid white for a couple minutes, then starts flickering with black and white lines, and then slowly comes right.

I've restored it since it started happening, and tried turning it off and back on but no luck there. just wondering if theres anything else i can try. i think it was bought off a website with reward points so no waranty that i know of, and not suprising i guess. but yeah id like to avoid paying to have it fixed if possible lol. any help would be great.

thanks
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    maybe a wire came loose inside...?
  3. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it's a third gen, you will still have the manufacturers warrenty no matter where you bought it from.
    The manufacturers warrenty runs for a year, so you have at least until september.

Take it to your local Apple shop and they will replace it for you with a refurb'd device.
  4. nafan

nafan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok cool i didnt know that