White screen of death?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Applefan69, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

Ok... I'm here to inform/warn you guys, also im gonna pray that one of you has an answer.

I had a hacked 1.1.3 iPod touch, it was runnign PERFECTLY fine... except last night i ws just refreshing the mail application when i got a plain white screen. I panicked... and the screen started going off, then back to plain white.. i panicked MORE.

So i press and held Sleep and Home button for 15 seconds, forcing my iPod to turn off.... I turned it back on, it starts up, everything is fine. (thank god)

About 10 minutes later I'm on the website macrumors.com on the safari browser. I get the same white screen (now im gettin worried) ... I force my iPod to shut down AGAIN.... I go to turn my iPod back on.... it doesn't go back on? OH DEAR GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Now... i dont believe i have bricked my iPod... but i do believe it is broken. Me theory is my screen has crapped out on me.

Why do I think this? iTunes still recognizes my iPod... my iPod still makes sounds (like the lock/unlock sound) I just restored my iPod throuhg iTunes, it restored perfectly... but still, i havnt managed to catch a single glimpse out of my screen. >.<

this really sucks....
  2. emed795

emed795 New Member

check this "Way Too Frequently Asked Questions"

number 14 sounds like your problem but what you said it dosen't exactly match up as from what you said your iPod is still responsive however if the FAQ is right you may have a genuine brick on your hands
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

if it does that, it might be a hardware failular...not jailbreaks fault, since jailbreaks cannot really brick your ipod..you should get it replaced if you can
  4. trialnterror

trialnterror New Member

man that sucks does full restore work?
  5. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

if its a hardware failulare, then what would a restore help...hardware failulare=component of the ipod is broken or scratched or defected
  6. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

one, immoral thing i CAN do... wel jailbreaking voids your warranty.

BUT, since i just restored my iPod to factory defaults, it's impossible for apple to tell if it was jailbroken or not.... so what does this mean? It means i can send it in to get replaced for free... cause im 90% sure this is a hardware failure... mainly cause from looks of things my problem is unique... also like someone said, jailbreaking cant realy permanently brick your iPod.
  7. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

well, if you have a warranty for it,then yeah...take it to apple and ask them on how to resolve it/what they can do