White Screen of Death

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tinkestral, Aug 12, 2010.

1. tinkestral

tinkestral New Member

I need help with My Ipod touch. It was left on the window sill for a bout a week and the batter life just died. On trying to turn it back on it felt damp and although I couldnt see any water it appeared that way. Since then It has a white screen I have tried hold power button and home buttoon simultaneously , it ain working on top of that I have managed to put it in recovery mode and I tunes cant do any thing with it, please help . My Itunes is the lates. A big thank you for any suggestions in advence.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Most likely condensation got into it. Put it in your hot water cupboard and leave it for atleast a week. I know thats ages but it will be worth it!
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Don't put it in there. Put it in a bag of salt... But the fact that you turned it on to see if it had a white screen isn't very good...
  4. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    first of all, dont do it ever again.

look down the headphone jack. make sure some sort of light is illuminating it... there shuld either be a pinkish or whiteish color at the bottom of the jack. pink means wet, white means dry. It is actually a piece of litmus paper placed there so apple can decide whether or not to void your warranty. (since dropping it in water is not part of apple's coverage).

turn the ipod off (or at least make an attempt) and put it in a sealed ziploc bag with uncooked rice. wait 24 hrs

and it shud be dry

5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Could be a bad LCD. My iPhone 3G had the WSoD because of it.
  6. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is your best bet if it has water damage.