White screen issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tongwr, Apr 30, 2009.

1. tongwr

tongwr New Member

I have a first gen 8gb ipod touch that is stuck w/ a white screen. I did a search and it seems that none of the solutions posted work. from what I've read, this makes it a hardware problem. I just wanted a second opinion.

the ipod shows nothing but a white screen when it's "on". I connect to the latest version of itune (downloaded a couple hours ago) and it does detect the ipod. Tried using the restore mode there. Throughout the entire process it's still nothing but a white screen and even after the restore is successful and the ipod reboots, it is still white.

I've tried jailbreaking the ipod. That was also reported as successful, but still nothing but the white screen during and after the process.

Given that those two methods "worked" I didn't think there would be anything to gain from a manual dfu.

is there anything else I should try? Would trying it on a mac yield any different results (I don't think it will, but I thought I'd ask), if it is a hardware issue, does anyone know what particular component is shot?

thanks
  2. tongwr

tongwr New Member

nothing?
  3. gammaraptor

gammaraptor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wait...

So how long has this happened to you for? Ever since you got it?
  4. tongwr

tongwr New Member

About 2 weeks or so ago. I took some time to check out the problem, but didn't seem to find anything that worked.
  5. GoldRush!

GoldRush! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    [Have you tried yelling at it or threatening it with a replica sword, worked for me when mine would freeze randomly but I think it would work in this situation to.] Serious answer from me, do a restore via iTunes and if it works just bring it to an AppleStore
  6. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    If you read his post he said he has already tried restoring. Anyway, I think you should take it to an Apple store and just tell them what has happened. If I am correct didn’t a white screen use to be DFU mode?
  7. Mangoman456

Mangoman456 New Member

I get that when i try jailbreaking (fail) and I plug it in to the computer re-put it in dfu mode like do the buttons again then i can either turn it off and on or my itunes will let me restore
  8. tongwr

tongwr New Member

can it be dfu mode if I was able to jailbreak it and upgrade the firmware in itunes?