White screen, but functioning properly?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by doget, Nov 21, 2009.

1. doget

doget New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, I have a problem with my jailbroken 2g ipod touch running on 3.1.1 (or maybe 3.1.2 now i restored it). It has a completely white screen but i can use the screen fine, i can even hear the clicks of keys and when i lock/unlock it. I hadn't installed anything recently beforehand, i was just on the "Breaking Dawn" app (from [PIRACY]us, if that helps) and it crashed. When I pressed the lock button, it just turned off, then when i rebooted it it was white and unresponsive. I restored it, and it still had a white screen but i could use it. i then used blackra1n to jailbreak it like i did origonally, and ( i assume, considering i cant see the screen) it worked. But it still has a white screen. i have tried reeboting it, but it just reboots with a white screen. Has anyone else had this? and if so, How did you fix it?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, so I've run it dead overnight, then put in on charge this morning with no change. Anyone got any other ideas?
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Sounds like a hardware problem, restore to stock firmware and return it to Apple, they will give you a new one if you have no water damage and are still under warranty.
  3. doget

doget New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure if im under warranty, is there any way to find out? I bought it december 26 last year, but from argos so I dont think i do.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4