White screen and crack in LCD?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod was sitting in my sweatpants on the floor in a locker room, and I assume it got stepped on because when I turned it on afterwards all I got was a white screen and a small green crack near the top. The glass on the outside is perfectly fine. As far as I know, the iPod still works, because when I press in the right places I can get music to play out of the speakers.

I didn't get any extra warranty for the iPod, but since I only got this a few months ago, would Apple fix it? If not, I think I'll try to fix it myself, but I haven't been able to find a 3rd gen LCD anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know where I can find one? Also, has anyone else had this problem, and if so what did you do to get it fixed? Thanks!
  2. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

iPods come with a limited one year warranty. I would say take it to Apple and see what they say.
  3. revmike

revmike New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sweatpants on a locker room floor, with your iPod in the pocket. What were you thinking?That people would step over your pants?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You can take it to Apple and see what they say but I'm pretty sure it won't be covered. It's not really a hardware.. problem, it got stepped on so it's technically your fault.
  5. xinzhitan14

xinzhitan14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    AFAIK, apple will not help you... last time with the old nano 1G's they had the screen cracking issue and my ex gf couldn't get it fixed because it was "her fault"
  6. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I really didn't think much of it since iPods are pretty durable. Hell, there have been some that have been run over by cars and still work!

It's pretty obvious that Apple's not going to do anything about this, but there has to be something I can do. If I could find a 3rd generation LCD anywhere, I might be able to replace it, but does anyone know where I could find one? Also, is there a place that I could just send it to that would fix it? There has to be an iPod repair website somewhere...
  7. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    opening a 3G is not exactly easy without denting or damaging the back. oh u wish u had a 1g now. the 1g was actually pretty easy to open.
  8. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    its carelessness, i do it all the time w/out thinking
  9. GeorgeMichael

GeorgeMichael New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can take it to Apple and see what they say but I'm pretty sure it won't be covered. It's not really a hardware.. problem, it got stepped on so it's technically your fault.
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Lmao, a bot who copies me!