Which Would be better?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheesecake, Sep 26, 2008.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake New Member

Which Would be better?

A 2g 8 gig ipod touch

Or A 1g 16 gig ipod touch

my friend is willing to sell me his his ipod touch 1 g 16 gig for $300 aud
    But i can Buy a 2g 8 gig for that price bran new?

which would be better and why?
  2. Lienutus

Lienutus Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    as much as i want the 2g, 16gigs would be better. The 2g doesnt have much more than the 1g. Just the biggies like volume control (you can get headphones that do that), built in speakers, and battery life. Besides, memory is a very important factor for me
  3. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd go with the 2g because your friend's 1g probably has little to no warranty left on it.
  4. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd go with the 2G, because as stated, the warranty is a big deal. Buying something like that and having it break a week later, can affect a friendship alot.

As for the headphones that do that, where are you planning on getting these? The Apple site? They're not released. And last time I checked, they weren't going to support the 1G because the new headphones are built with the mic for audio-in. (Unless I'm mistaken)

Also, how's the wear and tear on your friends' iPod? Is it in new condition? I'd try low-balling his price, if you really want that.

EDIT: Checking the prices on a 16gig 2G, I'd spend the extra 60 AUD and get a 2G 16gb, if storage really is a factor. That's not THAT much more for double the space.