Which Way Should iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by unsureaboutwhichpod2buy, Feb 6, 2009.

1. unsureaboutwhichpod2buy

unsureaboutwhichpod2buy New Member

Hello Everyone!

I certainly hope this is the right place to post this thread...

I am in a dilemma. I am either going to buy an iPod Touch 16gb or an iPod Classic 120gb. I know absolutely nothing about the Touch (I have never had Wi-Fi honestly and don't know much about that either), but I did own an iPod Video 30gb previously.

I figured the best place to get advice was from experts that owned a Touch and see if it would be the right fit for me.

I have a lot of music and a lot of podcasts that I enjoy listening to, so I know the storage capacity on the Classic would be great for that, but I'm not against having to resync periodically. Is there quite a bit of space for my music, podcasts, and all of the gazillion apps that there must be out there or should I settle for the Classic and call it good? Oh, one more thing...should I possibly be able to get by with buying the 8gb Touch and still feel that I didn't just settle?

Surely someone out there has owned both (Classic and Touch) and can help me decide on what to purchase!

Thanks in advance...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. josh0403

josh0403 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you have a lot of music, and need the space, you could always get a 32gb Ipod touch. But, those are $400.

I would have to say the Ipod touch is completely worth it. I went from a 30gb Ipod video to an 8gb Ipod touch second generation, and I would never go back.
  3. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Touch, by far.

I went from a 30gb video to a 32gb touch. The touch is basically a mini computer. You will not be disappointed!!!!!
  4. Electric-Noodle

Electric-Noodle New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I used to own an 80gb classic and I loved it and didnt see the need to upgrade to the touch, dont know why but for some reason i did and it was the best thing I ever did... I went for the 32gb and i have more than enough space! the appstore is a great thing too! and since redsnow lite came out, themes and mods make my ipod my best friend

other things that are good is the fact you can create custom playlists on the go as well as genius playlists, plus coverflow/the ipod runs alot smoother, on my classic i used to have to watch the coverflow all load up, now its pretty much instant, must be because the touch runs on flash, all in all in my opinion I would get the 32gb if you have the cash, there isnt a day goes by that I dont use mine

5. therealchoiboy

therealchoiboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea definitely the touch...theres so little u can do with the ipod classic....the ipod touch's apps takes it to the next "limit"