Which touch should I purchase?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ssauer2004, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ssauer2004

ssauer2004 New Member

I am interested in purchasing an ipod touch. I had a couple of questions. Do you think the 16gb version is worth the extra money? I see two different 16gb versions, one is 399, the other is 379. What is the difference? Is it just the new apps? Are they worth paying the extra money? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. seveniron

seveniron New Member

Not if you plan to jailbreak it and get the apps that way.
  3. linds

linds New Member

I'd say the 16gb is worth it because in the end, if you ever want to upgrade or get rid of it, it'll obviously have much better resale value than the 8gb
  4. AssLikeThat

AssLikeThat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea I wish I got the 16gb, but I was too poor so I just got the 8gb.
  5. Lee

Lee New Member

If you are ok with the price then go for the 16gb.

I purchased the January app's and am happy with them.

alternativly go ahead and jailbreak to download whatever apps you want but be sure not to action any updates from i tunes or you will lose your jailbroke items.

Matter of choice and pocket dude !
  6. michigan033

michigan033 Banned

If i were you i would go with the 16 gb because if you jailbreak it and have 2000 songs on it like i do on my 8gb you will want more space.
  7. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

If it is 379 dollars, it means it is cheaper lol. Anyways, it is so worth it. I am even losing space! Go get it. Trust me on this one.

Life will change if the generation of iPod touch continues!
  8. ssauer2004

ssauer2004 New Member

I bought a 16gb from C.C for $360.00. I lied and told them it was that price at Best Buy. Anyway I do not have the new Apps on this unit. I want to jailbreak this as soon as posible. I have read the Sticky threads, but didn't see if when I initially hook up the touch to itunes if it automatically updates to 1.1.3.
  9. ssauer2004

ssauer2004 New Member

I got brave and just hooked it up to my computer and launched itunes. It has the 1.1.2 firmware. I declined the updating option. Now I have to just figure out how to get this on my wifi system. I have it wep protected. i guess there must be some type of code laying around here somewhere.
  10. hifi_guy

hifi_guy New Member

Remember that you'll have to downgrade to 1.1.1 before using the auto-JB procedure. How? Take a look at stickies in the jailbreak section of this forum, it's all there!