Which to Get?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by baller251, Mar 28, 2008.

1. baller251

baller251 New Member

In the next few weeks I plan on purchasing either an archos 605 or iPod Touch. I was leaning towards the archos 605 because you can store much more videos and its is much easier to get videos onto the archos(dvr, dishnetwork, format support). But recently, my friend showed me his ipod touch that was unlocked/jailbreaked, and he had 3rd party programs on it. There are so many cool programs out there, that it kind of has me leaning towards the ipod touch now. But I still am undecided. And plus, I surfed the web on the touch, and i gotta say that it is pretty amazing how efficient the internet experience is on it. Ive heard it is much better that the archos's web browser. So I'm stuck in the middle between these 2 great devices, I need some advice as to which one I should get. Does archos have anything 3rd party programs that can go on it, or is that just iPod?
  2. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This site isn't called Archos605fans.
  3. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

damn dont have ot be mean

i am saying if you want to have music and some cool app then go for the ipod but if you like the memory then go for the other one
  4. dle24

dle24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  5. CantStopTheMusic

CantStopTheMusic Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if u r are on an ipod touch site i think ppl are gonna say get the touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Sparky1010

Sparky1010 New Member

I'm gonna say touch cause, that screen, cracks soooo easily in your pocket. Friend of mine had it. Killed it like a week after having it, normal use.
  7. themartini

themartini New Member

I was going to get get the archos 605 but then the ipod touch came out and i had the same problem as you . The archos is around £200 but u then have to but a £15 internet plugin to go on the internet a £15 video plugin if want to put certain video formats on it and a £60 dock to record from the tv and to get videos on fast .so if you add all of that up u could nearly get a 32gb ipod touch so u can put plenty of videos on it.
    I went for a 16gb ipod touch and i haven't regretted it it is amazing if u jailbreak it u can have lot of of great free app that will keep u entertained.

josh
  8. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPod Touch. Archos has horrendous battery life. With wifi on, you only get about 30 mins or less before it dies and you have to recharge which makes it not as portable.