Which speaker system and which FM transmitter?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by copydeskcat, Jun 23, 2008.

1. copydeskcat

copydeskcat New Member

It's now less than a month until I get my iPod Touch (getting it in Florida around 23 July).

I've also decided to splash out on a speaker system, and an FM transmitter (for using in the car).

Can anyone recommend a good speaker dock for the Touch? The Bose sound-dock is maybe a bit too expensive (I was thinking more around the $200 range, possibly less).

Also, what should I go for in terms of an FM transmitter? I'd like something that also charges the touch while I'm using it in the car, if that's possible. I may go around $70-$80 for an FM transmitter, if it's a good one.

All recommendations welcome.
  2. d00m42

d00m42 Member

What I can say about speakers-

Personally, I have a Bose Sound Dock, however I got it as a gift. Its sound quality is amazing, and it can be cranked up very loud with next to no distortion. I don't know if I would pay its price tag with my own money, but its something to think about. Also, one thing you didn't mention was if you wanted a more portable speaker system or something similar to the sound dock which is designed to stay in one place.

About the FM transmitter-

I am still looking for a good one that isnt ridiculously expensive. I thought I had found one when my friend showed me his, called the AirPlay 2 or AirTunes 2. I couldn't find it anywhere : ( It is a small square device with an LCD screen for changing the frequency.
  3. copydeskcat

copydeskcat New Member

Thanks for this.

As for the speaker system, it'll probably be in the same place for most of the time - although, I spotted a "wireless" speaker system for the iPod by Logitech:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...ipod/ipod_accessories/speakers&nplm=TP264LL/A

But I can't vouch for how good it is - and I'm not sure if it fits the Touch. Certainly, the more expensive one doesn't:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...essories/speakers&nplm=TR142LL/A&mco=NzYwMTE1

As for the FM transmitter, the one that fits the Touch is the exTreme InCharge FM - it looks good:

http://www.xtrememac.com/chargers/incharge_fm/index.php

I'll need to try and find somewhere in Florida where I can buy one...
  4. RonS

RonS New Member

AudioEngine Speakers

The best speakers I've ever heard that target an iPod are the AudioEngine A5's (www.audioengineusa.com). Unbelievable sound. I also have the A2's, but it's worth it to go for the A5's - much better sound. You can find them a little bit cheaper around the web.
  5. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

6. meteorita

meteorita New Member

hey, i got an ipod touch and was looking for an affordable, good sound system and easy to carry speakers until i stumble on to the Harman kardon Play & GO ipod speaker!!!!

My friend took it to the beach, and it was insane!!!! with batteries was playing loud music with no distortions. At home, powered by ac adapter it blown my mind!

Here i am next to it, i just cant stop beening surprised!

Check it out my friend, it is worth it!

Ive bought it on ebay for half price, i know there is still a lot in amazon too. so hurry.........

Regards

Lisa ;P
  7. R2E2

R2E2 New Member

I haven't heard of that. I'll check it out in a bit! Thanks!
  8. kjshanef007

kjshanef007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've got the Griffin iTrip Autopilot. As well as charging the 2Gen it has play/pause - ffw/rwd controls on the lighter part. Can't fault it.