Which Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by ipodtouchesrule, Jul 15, 2008.

1. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Which should i buy PS3 or Xbox 360.

Xbox 360:
    - massive game seletion
    - great online play

PS3:
    - New game called M.A.G. a.k.a. massive action game click here
    - blue ray

I just touched on the main and basic reasons.

I was going to buy a 360 with ease but then i was watching E3 today and at the end of the Sony confrence i saw the greatest game M.A.G. i fell in love. 256 online play! 8 man squad! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!

What do you think?
  2. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

One game has influenced your decision? Surely e3 proved you shouldn't buy a ps3. Like you said the xbox has a better game selection. And the console is alot cheaper, leaving you more cash to buy a few games.

If i was spending on my own money again i'd run into a shop and say "premium xbox 360 please", set it up at home and play for a few days. I don't think i'll ever be getting the ps3 now, and it's not a thing about price its about it's a complete waste of money. Sure mag looks awesome but if you wanted a huge game you'd just get a decent comp with some WOW subscription.

For me anyway, mag doesn't constitute buying a ps3.
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Without a doubt, XBOX 360!!!!! All The Way!!

Of course this opinion is biased by me ONLY owning a 360 and have never played a PS3, but come on...

XBOX Live is just amazing... you can pop in one of the oldest games for the console and you qill be AMAZED top find that people STILL PLAY IT! That is what is so good about it...
  4. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Yup, when i got xbox live last month or so i was amazed to find people playing my favourite offline games online i.e. forza, gears, halo.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's a truly remarkable community, and as far as i know the 360 has more online players by alot than the ps3.
  5. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    my xbox broke for the second time today (3 red lights) LOL
    but customer care are great, a few mins on the phone, and they had sent me the info I needed to send it tgrough their couriers

i still say xbox, the game selection ROCKS, and online play is awesome, oh, and theirs some weird update coming out, that has avatars or something, I dunno

oh and I believe many games are now xbox exclusives like portal still alive (yay)
  6. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

MAJOR ADVICE!:Buy the one where yu have more friends online!! ITS SO WORTH IT

i bought my ps3 since it was the better package from the xbox but i didnt think online would be a problem, a week into it and i regret buying a ps3 only because i have no friends who have it! =/
  7. TheAsianJedi

TheAsianJedi Banned

why not BOTH?!
  8. dilpicklesmmm

dilpicklesmmm New Member

clearly get ps3 its so much better
    first, free online. on xbox you gotta pay $50 a year just to play online

second, blu-ray discs look amazing on the ps3

third, game selection is no difference. the only games ive seen on xbox that arent on ps3 are halo and gears of war. everything else is.

but whoever said it up above, go for the system that more of your friends have. thats the only thing i regret about gettin ps3. but everythin else is better.
  9. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Get a 360. It has pretty good exclusives, as well as the superior version of most multiplatform games.

I've given up on the PS3. The novelty of Blu Ray wears off, once you get used to HDTV/HD Movies. The PS3's online features, and extra online capabilities are nothing like the 360's. The 360 has better downloadable content, a better selection of movies and TV shows, and better original games.

The PS3 has pretty lame exclusives. Resistance and Resistance 2 are generic Sci Fi FPS's. Every single demo of Resistance 2 shows that one Boss Level with the giant monster. Killzone 2 looks worse and worse every time they show it. The 360's getting titles like Final Fantasy, and soon Tekken.
  10. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Xbox for sure, if u do buy COD4, GoW and GTA IV there you got enough fun for a while