Which retailer should I go with?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hunid Racks, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

I'm buying my iPod Touch tommorrow

Please Register or Log in to view images

Which retailer should I buy from? In terms of good customer service, easy return policies, and a good selection of touch cases in store? Thx.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

From what I am hearing, I'd get it from Best Buy or one of the other major retailers.
  3. dogman

dogman New Member

go with best buy - you can return within 30 days and no restocking fee. you can also return to any best buy.
  4. raptorkid700

raptorkid700 New Member

5. SkylarEC

That's exactly it, there's no restocking fee or any questions asked when returning the iPod, should you ever need to.
  6. iStealth

iStealth New Member

Got mine from Bestbuy... I trust them the most, but I have never pruchased from the apple store, they might be just as good.
  7. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I got bestbuy...
    There is not an apple store close...
    And bestbuy was the first to get it in stock!
  8. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

I have 2 huge malls 10 minutes away from me (California, what can I say). They both sport the apple store, but I am getting a hunch that returning something to the Apple store would be a little more of a hassle than BestBuy since it's directly Apple's store that you're returning their stuff to, and they might have stricter policies. So Ok, BestBuy it is then

Thank ya.

Also, does BestBuy sport a decent selection of cases for the touch?
  9. SkylarEC

Yeah. Apparently Apple has been providing horribly poor customer service to several of the people on this forum.
  10. metr0man

metr0man New Member

I bought one from Best Buy, then I had some problems with the Home button (pushed in) - this wasn't best buy's fault obviously, it came sealed from Apple.

However, when I tried to exchange/return it, they really did hassle me about it, i had to make the woman take my Touch and compare it with a floor model before she believed me that the button was messed up. Then they refunded me (because there were no other 8GBs in stock to exchange it for)

In other words, it has to be DEFECTIVE, otherwise you get hit with the restocking fee. This is assuming you opened it. Also, i believe it's 14 days and not 30 for iPods. Their policy is a bit vague so you dont know under which category the iPod Touch falls.

This is par for the course though. With the apple store you can get it warranty serviced right there, so that's a possible plus. However, I dont know if they do a full refund if its defective.