Which Restore ipspw file should i use?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bugmenotte, Feb 24, 2008.

1. bugmenotte

bugmenotte Banned

Well I tried to autodown my ipod touch so i could jailbreak it. But now i get the connect to itunes symbol. So i go to restore it with 1.1.3 4A93 and i get a unknown error when i try to restore th ipod. So which other restore file should i use? 3A101a or 3A110a.
  2. beezy

beezy New Member

ok, a lil confused, wat are u on now, and is ur ipod bricked, if on 1.1.3 use iphucker to go to 1.1.1, then either stay at 1.1.1 (jailbreakme.com if u want) or then install oktoprep and upgrade to a 1.1.2.ipspw file, ipdtouchmaster has sum great tuts.
  3. bugmenotte

bugmenotte Banned

Im at a 1.1.3 and my ipod wont restore after using autodown to downgrade to 1.1.2
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

if ur getting a downgrade error, then try this method.

*connected to itunes
    1) hold down power (top) and home button until ipod tab in itunes disappears
    2) once the tab is gone let go of the power button and keep hold of the home until tab reappears
    3) now press restore to go to 1.1.3 or shift-click to select ur firmware
    4) go through the normal process

also ipod screen will be black, and itunes, once tab reappears, will say u need to restore

another method, if this doesnt work, is to use this http://youtube.com/watch?v=YakjwxB3nQU although this has always worked for me. gl any more probs feel free to pm me

(to get firmwares go to http://phobos.apple.com/versions) all firmwares end in .ispw so use crtl-f to type in version and then select the .ispw file. gl
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  6. bugmenotte

bugmenotte Banned

I did that and i got the same message execpt is error number 1
  7. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

Try on a different computer. It may sound stupid, but trust me.
  8. DaveCS2

DaveCS2 New Member

You say you're trying to downgrade to 1.1.2... don't, go to 1.1.1 then up to 1.1.2 w/ oktoprep

This method worked for me because I got that same error (#1) over and over again:
    1) Restore your ipod to the most current firmware. Let iTunes do this automaticly.
    2) While iPod is plugged in and iTunes is open, hold the HOME and HOLD/POWER buttons and start counting steadily to 10 mississippi. During this process, as you know, a few noticable things happen. The screen goes black, then turns off, then the device restarts in DFU mode.
    3)Once the screen turns OFF, wait one second, then release the HOLD/POWER button.
    4) At 10 mississippi release the home button and wait for the device to appear in iTunes in 'recovery mode'.
    5) Dismiss the message about your iPod needing to be restored and SHIFT/OPT click the restore button and locate the 'iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore' firmware and hit okay.

This worked for me, may not for you, I know it sounds stupid but from what I've read this issue comes from holding the POWER/HOLD button down too long.
    Give this method a few shots as it may work on your second or third try. Remember to do an update and restore between each trial.
  9. baudx

baudx New Member

Stuck in Paradice

I am still getting the error (1) when I am connected to the iPod and restart it in "maintinence mode", or whatever mode the power, square button does. It has an icon with the data cable with an arrow pointing to a CD with a music symbol over it. Anyway, it was a jailbroke 1.1.1 iPod touch. I had forgot my root password and wanted to SCP into it to copy my NES ROMs. Anyway, I wanted to rejailbreak it so it would reset my password. I tried ibrickr, but it needed to be above 1.1.1. So, I let itunes update it to 1.1.4. Now, ibrickr says it's not jail broken, and won't do it. So, I downloaded the old 1.1.1 ipsw and tried to reload the firmware. But, I keep getting the same error. The only time I don't get an error is when I click update, and iTunes connects to the internet and DLs 1.1.4. Am I missing something? I could use all the help I can get. Thanks.
  10. PAEz

PAEz New Member

If your still getting the picture with the cable and cd and what not then your not in DFU mode.
    Youll know when you get the power/square thing right because your screen will be black and have no picture.
    You will want to get to that mode and do a shift Restore with the firmware you want.
    Have a reread of this thread, all the info you need is there.