Which iPod Touch to buy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hectorXcore, Apr 27, 2010.

1. hectorXcore

hectorXcore New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm planning to buy an iPod Touch. However, I don't know which one to buy. I'm choosing between the 8gb and 32gb (3rd generation). I'm aware with the difference between the two. In terms of processor, memory/ram, storage, graphics, voice control, and the price of course.

But I want to know which one suits me best because money is a factor to me. I will put approximately 250+ tracks and sure thing I will put lots of applications and games here but I think I can all fit that in an 8gb. Storage is really not the issue here.

I just want to know if I buy the 8gb with slower processor and with 128mb ram only will give me problems or regrets. Will I experience lag or crashes while playing games/apps? I want to know if the 8gb is enough for me to play games/apps smoothly. Is there anybody having problems/regrets with their 8gb and may I know what are this? What are the issue your experiencing with the 8gb that made you think that you had rather buy the 32gb?

Is there any games/apps that you can't play with the 8gb because it requires the 32gb (higher ram and cpu)?

If I will experience frequent lag/crashes with the 8gb while using it, I would go with the 32gb but if not then I would go with the 8gb because its cheaper. I really need opinions from 8gb and 32gb (3g) users.

I also plan to jailbreak it when jailbreaking becomes available.

PS: Sorry for being redundant and sorry for my English.
  2. ibebyi

ibebyi New Member

Device:
    iPad
  3. ipt3g_Lover

ipt3g_Lover Banned

I do regret the 8 gig purchase over the true 3g. Especially now that 4.0 firmware will not support the 8gig all that well.
  4. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Depends how into the iPod are you going to be. Like do you care about multitasking and everything cause if so go for the 32 gb

If not just get an 8gb cause all that will fit in it and you can always jailbreak if you have to
  5. hectorXcore

hectorXcore New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply guys.

Are you having any problems (lags/crashes) with games/apps using the 8gb? Can you name those games/apps please? Especially those games/apps having issue with ram and cpu.
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I recommend going for the 32gb. You don't wanna be cheap on something that you're gonna be using for a year or so. And you say that space isn't an issue, but maybe in the future it will be, then you'd regret getting the 8gb.
  7. hectorXcore

hectorXcore New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    @ChrisL: You have a good point on that. But I'm still confused. I want to have one now but if I choose the 32gb, I would have to wait a longer time.

I really want to know if all the games/apps that can be played on the 32gb (3g) can also be played in the 8gb. I mean is there any cpu and ram requirements for some apps/games?

I know the 32gb is faster but as long as the 8gb can load and make me play the same games/apps the 32gb have then I would go for the 8gb. Their difference in loading an app is just a couple of seconds, right?
  8. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There will be problems with any GB when jailbroken, restart and get over it, 8GB is good if you don't have too much music
  9. RaymondK8

RaymondK8 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    32GB is good for multi-tasking, but to me, it's a nice feature but it's nothing too big - I have a jailbroken iPod Touch so I'm all good.

To be fairly honest, I regret getting a 3rd gen 8GB iTouch - I feel as though I've been ripped off.
    I think that the 32GB is worth it. It's just a better iPod Touch.

If you wish to purchase an 8GB iPod, I highly recommend a 2nd generation version as it's cheaper and if you do plan to jailbreak, it would be untethered (which trust me, is more convenient than tethered).
  10. MuseFan25

MuseFan25 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I recommend the 32 gig 3G. When i had the 8 gig it crashed frequently and more so when it had a theme that required blank icons. My 3G has never crashed and i have quite a few background apps.