Which ipod touch should i buy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andel90, Feb 6, 2010.

1. andel90

andel90 New Member

hi im going to buy a ipod touch i think i want to buy either a 32gb or 16gb what should i know about them before buying? what gen should i buy?

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Welcome! Your going to buy a iPod touch, and you need help choosing which one. Well, first off, there is no 16GB 3G. If you want a bit faster iPod touch, You could get 8GB, 32GB, or 64GB. Keep in mind that all iPod touch 3G are tethered jailbreaks. Which means you must connect your iPod touch to your computer if you turn your iPod touch off. Of you get a iPod touch 2G or 1G, they have a bit more time booting up. Also, if your iPod touch 1G/2G serial doesn't start with MC, you don't need a tethered jailbreak! Hope I helped. Typed this from iPod touch. =)
  3. nintendokid97

nintendokid97 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Grab a first gen on ebay, best iPod ever, 8 gig.
  4. andel90

andel90 New Member

Thanks for that mate

is it possble to buy a 16gb ipod that is 2gen? why do people say you can get 3gen 16gbs? thanks again

arent they abit old? isnt the 2gen or 3gen better?

Thanks
  5. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Get a 2nd gen 16 gb unless you are a song maniac. I have tons of apps and songs on my 8gb and I love it. 3rd gens need to have a tethered jb if you choose to jailbreak it (which you should) but my 2nd gen is amazing

6. andel90

andel90 New Member

Thanks for the advice mate, when you say get the 16gb unless im a music maniac what do you mean? does the 16gb let you play all the new games?

thanks again

7. koyut

koyut Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That means unless you want to lugg around a large library of mp3's. I would also suggest to get the 2nd gen touch pre MC models, just in case you want to jailbreak it. It does play the new games.
  8. andel90

andel90 New Member

Thanks pal how do i know if it is a MC model? am i wrong in saying that you can jailbreak any ipod touch that is 16gb gen? thanks
  9. bamxbam

bamxbam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    so

Well to really put it in terms....ultimately it's YOUR decision but to make it a little easier
    Don't just get a 2nd or 1st generation just b/c you can jailbreak "now" b/c eventually if you have patience a jailbreak would be available to the 3rd generation ipod touch as well.
    Not only that but the ipod touch 3g has a faster processor and more ram (memory) according to the size (flash memory = 8gb ,32gb , 64gb) which means you could play newer games a bit faster as well. If it's about pricing then yeah you prob should go with a 1g/2g ipod touch because those will be cheaper depending on where you get it.

10. andel90

andel90 New Member

Thanks i think i have a better understanding now i have seen a 16 gb 2gen for around £150 on ebay is this worth it?