Which "invisible" protective skin is the best?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eXShadowXe, Jul 2, 2009.

1. eXShadowXe

eXShadowXe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm currently in the market for an "invisible protective skin" for my iPod Touch 2G.
    For those that wish to skip the story please skip to the second paragraph

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've gone through 2 full body Invisible Shield's. The first one I didn't apply so well and the corners came undone rather quickly. With my replacement, I applied it near perfectly. I used this one for months, however since the Invisible Shield doesn't cover the back of the iPod Touch 2G very well, it collected dirt and grime from handling and the corners have finally peeled back leaving the iPod unprotected.

I've heard of a couple of other companies that offer similar skins, to name a few: Best Skins Ever, BodyGuardz, Phantom Skinz, Clear Protector, and Ghost Armor. Phantom Skinz, Clear Protector, and Ghost Armor are new to me so I don't know much about the actual product. Not many sites offer recent discussion about many of these products and I can't find many comparisons between them.

Anyone have insight as to which skin gets the job done the best or have had a really great experience with their product?
  2. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wrapsol makes nice products

3. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

i hear Best Skins Ever is even better than InvisibleShield and its much cheaper.
    i say you go with that.
  4. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have a the full front and back Invisible Shield, plus a soft skin back cover for when I have it out and that all goes in a belkin leather fold over. I have not had a single problem since I bought it in January, Still using the same skin, and I use the touch about 3-4hrs or more a day. The rest of the time it's usually in my pocket.
  5. chris96

chris96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Best skins ever for sure.
    I was faced with the same dilemma of which to choose, went with BSE and was an awesome decision.
    I got all of my bits on perfectly without taking ages to align them or anything (even the back).
    The solution is easy to make, and they are nice and cheap.

--also i recommend getting another case, to prevent too much dust from getting on it.
  6. utternutter

utternutter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd recommend BSE. It's cheap, easy to apply and goes on neatly, does the job, is durable and their customer service is great.

There is the minor problem like you had with your IS, some corners do peel off a bit and some dirt does get stuck onto the sides but it isn't a big deal and doesn't bother me.
  7. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  8. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    InvisibleShield has a lot of offers/coupons, I bought mine for 50% off. If you get a coupon (which they post a lot on their twitter and facebook), get the InvisibleShield just cause of the lifetime warranty which can come in useful. If not, go with BSE.
  9. nirvahnah

nirvahnah Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i like invisible shield more. its higher quality. i did the knife and pen test with BSE and IS and IS took allot more pressure with both knife and pen to break than BSEA. plus they both fall short when it come to dirt getting into the corner flaps of the back piece. plus IS has a lifetime warranty and BSE doesnt...
  10. eXShadowXe

eXShadowXe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had 2 somewhat poor experiences with Zagg's product Invisible Shield. I was actually considering BSE since they are pretty cheap but then I noticed that 3 or four more companies that I had not known of before that have similar products, even one that offers 2 full skins for the same price as Zagg with lifetime warranty. But I've yet to come across any actual customer opinions about these products.