Which headphones do you guys suggest for under $20.

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by Vietlord, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Vietlord

Vietlord New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wanna get my first pair of full sized headphones, maybe under $20.
    http://factorydirect.ca/catalog/category_list.php?cat=1600
    This is a store near my house (Ottawa) that sells pretty cheap stuff in a fraction of other stores. I was wondering, since I am music noob, can you guys pick out a good pair for me that under $20/25 or under. If you don't see any good ones, can you link me up with a pair that I can buy online. Perferably not eBay since they'd block my eBay account and I don't want to open a new one.
    Thanks a lot in advance!
  2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You won't get any decent ones for under $20, if you got an iPod just use the headphones you got with them, they will be tonnes better quality...
  3. Vietlord

Vietlord New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I do not mind if they're not decent, just something comfortable I can wear that would drown out my mom's voice if possible. I have a bunch of in-ears, but I find even my Shures are very uncomfortable.

And I'm looking for FULL SIZED headphones, not earbuds.
  4. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ah, Hmmm, for some decent over ear headphones which can actualy cancel out some noise they're about $50, but then again theres some $15 ones in that link that would probably do the same thing if you consider music drowing out things noise cancelling

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How can you find Shures uncomfortable? :| The foam tips are the most comfortable ones to use. $20 will get you nothing that good. I'm trying to find some. How about these?
  6. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, I use foam ones and they were uncomfortable at first cause I never used them before, they itch sometimes but they're awesome for the price... (£50)
  7. Moose_

Moose_ New Member

Don't get Skullcandy.
  8. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    SE110's? They are pretty decent, just the lack of bass because they only consist of 1 balanced armature driver. The SE115's were recently released and they have a dynamic driver, therefore giving it more bass.