Which guide to follow?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ppp111, Jan 5, 2008.

1. ppp111

ppp111 New Member

I see about 3 or 4 guides that are stickied and I am not sure which one to follow.

This is the process I am thinking of taking tomorrow when I jailbreak my ipod touch tomorrow.

Downgrade to 1.1.1 then follow the no computer guide to jailbreak.

After this will I need to follow the guide that says 1.1.1 to jailbroken 1.1.2?
    Is the sticky titled Sticky: Dev Team 1.1.2 Jailbreak Released!, the same as the guide for 1.1.1 to jailbroken 1.1.2?

Is it better to go through my PC to jailbreak or follow the no computer guide?

Are all these guides that I mentioned for ipod touch, and not for the iPhone?

A final question, I was reading in spoonforknife guided tutorial, he mentions something about adding sources from one of the forums here, does this mean adding programs and applications, (i.e. the reason I jailbroke my ipod for?)

Thanks.
  2. MadSon011

MadSon011 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    1. Next time use the search feature at the top of the page
    2. Just downgrade to 1.1.1 then use the no computer guide, then do either one of the 1.1.2 guides, then do a victory dance.
    3. Sources are a way of adding more repositories so you can get more packages(apps) just search for iphone source(for example) and you should find something that looks like a website and go into installer and add it to the sources(if you cant igure out how just search)
    4. Incase you mess up just search and if nothing comes up just force restore(again if you dont know how just search) and start over again
  3. roscoe

roscoe New Member

4. jcl

jcl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I followed the instructions from the file in the "Dev Team 1.1.2 Jailbreak Released!" post; Seemed to work well, with no problems.