Which Apple Laptop Should I Get?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Numb, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Okay...so this is gonna be the first purchase of a Mac Laptop or w/e its called

Please Register or Log in to view images

o) in my family. My dad decided that if I got good grades this report card (which I am 99% sure I am)..he will get me any Computer/Laptop I want. I already have a desktop (Dell ew)...so I told him I want a mac. He said bring me the grades...I'll buy you it. As long as its a reasonable price.

So which Mac Laptop should I get?

Please post your answers. Thanks in advance guys =). Also price would be greattt.
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

well first off, tell us about what youd be using it for
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    For basic to moderate computing, go for a MacBook. However, I would wait another month or two, when Apple will (probably) release an Aluminum MacBook with a sleeker look, a new processor, and a lower price. Many sites have confirmed a 3rd quater (July-Sept.) release of new Apple laptops.
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

most people beleive that revision will come around early sept or later, thats what im personally waiting for.
  5. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    The Intel Montevina chips will arrive on July 14, so you wonder if Apple wants in on the back-to-school shopping frenzy with their new and improved line.
  6. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

They are mostly likely using the ongoing back to skool sale (yes its started, several weeks ago actually) to deplete their stock of current gen macbooks.
  7. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Good point. However long it takes, I will wait. I do not want to get Screwed.
  8. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you want to go for a lower price, and you o would only really use it for surfing the web/school work; go for a MacBook while the back to school sale is on.

If you are going to be playing high-performance games/dual-booting you might want to look into getting a MacBook Pro.

Though, like the others have said, wait until later in the year and see if a new version of them come in.
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

im waiting till the (already confirmed) aluminum revisions. The only reason i CAN wait is because i dont have the funds at all for it right now. but the wait is still killing me.
  10. Axis

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    We seem to be in similar <political> positions.

Please Register or Log in to view images