Which Android Verizon Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yanks111890, Sep 14, 2010.

?

Which phone?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2010.
  1. Droid 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Droid X

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. HTC Incredible

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Samsung Fascinate

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Wait until Jan for possible iPhone

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Which Verizon Android enabled phone do you think is the best?
  2. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Droid Incredible FTW
  3. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    After reading all of engadgets reviews, I think I'm deciding between the Incredible and X, and leaning the way of the Incredible because the software looks to be much better, although I do like the hardware on the X, but with a 4G touch I don't really need all the gadgets since this will just be used as a phone anyway.

Did the X get froyo software?
  4. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    If the Droid incredible supports updates, can be updated to 2.2, and has the 1GHz Proccessor [ for Android 3.0 in the future, then that's the way to go. Sadly I can't remember these Android phone specs in my head.. but, HTC Sense is kinda too sexy to miss out on.
  5. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    The Incredible has froyo, and sense. Not to mention the 8MP camera which knocks out all of them. The Droid X is too big for me, but maybe not you. I don't want a keyboard, and you might. Nor do I want motoblur. I don't want touchwiz, or bing pre-installed, and you might. Nor do I want a phone that feels hollow, like the fascinate. So for me the Droid 2 and Droid X have things I don't want, keyboard, too large, motoblur. The fascinate has bing pre-installed, touchwiz, and felt cheap to me. I would go for the Incredible. But wait for the new phones coming out soon. Wait till January if you can, I can't. Even if I could, I wouldn't want the iPhone, that's why I went for Android, it's open, and is very welcome change.
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Incredible. Go listen to the latest Engadget podcast; it's still being hailed as the 'tightest Android experience you can get.' It's second only to the iPhone, as told by Josh Topolsky.

Plus, the hacking community for the Incredible is lightyears ahead of the 2 and the X, just because it doesn't have the eFuse.
  7. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The eFuse it what did it for me actually lol. I am def going with the Incredible. I wanted to like the Fascinate but after my Samsung Glyde I can't go the Samsung route again even if it is buy one get one free
  8. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad

But what about the EVO. (Since we are talking about android phones)That phone is pretty hot, if you have 4G and on sprint.
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Definitely, the EVO is like (literally) the Incredibles' big brother. Same hardware, apart from the kickstand and screen size.

But he said he was on Verizon.

Welcome to the clan of Incredible owners, then!

I decided not to go with the X, just because of the eFuse as well. Yes, custom ROMs exist, but they will never be able to acccess low-level code. Which is a bummer.

Anyways, if you ever need help feel free to ask.
  10. yanks111890

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Not an official owner yet. For whatever reason my parents are not loving the idea of a data plan, even though the money would come out of my pocket. Any good reasons for getting a data plan that my parents would buy into? Tomorrow I'm def goin on the I work two jobs go to school get good grades guilt trip, but thats failed many times before.