Where's WiFi file?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by moootah, Apr 8, 2008.

1. moootah

moootah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey, does anyone know where the file is that keeps info about the routers that the iPod has been connected to and remembers the passwords? I've looked everywhere but I haven't found it yet.

Thanks.

And it's not because I want to get someone's password to a network. But if JB your iPod every other day you don't want to log in and put a password in there all the time.
  2. Angelic

Angelic New Member

Lol, it sounds like you're looking for a lost password. However, even if you found the file, I'm sure it's contents would be encrypted. What would the point of storing a password in cleartext be?
  3. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i agree with you, even if it is in Apple's binary text... after you convert it it will still be just a bunch of letters, numbers and symbols
  4. thomasy93

thomasy93 New Member

Maybe the password/wep is a bunch og letters, numbers and symbols then ? XD
  5. moootah

moootah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It's not about getting the passwords back (not decrypt it), it's about copy it back to the iPod so iPod will remember the passwords. So I won't have to login to every network again over and over. I don't want to know the passwords. I want iPod to know it.
  6. bsblade

bsblade New Member

if you dont mind me asking, why are you jailbreaking your ipod every other day?
  7. moootah

moootah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    'Cause I'm that kind of guy that wants to try out every possible way and you know it doesn't have to work out always

Please Register or Log in to view images

But anyway I'm about to give that all up. I've been JB my iPod ever since I got it (October) and now I'm a little tired of all of this. Maybe I'll try PWNG when it will be out for Windows. But probably wait 'till June.

BTW: What's the truth about that iPod touch users will have to pay for this firmware? Does anybody know?
  8. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

Yah, I know, PM me for answers though. The mods have closing a lot of threads lately.