Where's OpenSSH?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Ryuukumori, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Info:
    iPOd Touch 2G jailbroken, FW 2.2.1

Just jailbroke my 2G today using Cywood's GUI. Very nice program, I gotta say.

But I go to find OpenSSH, with no luck in Cydia. It seems as though I have BigBoss's Sources installed, but SSH isn't anywhere. I have tried the following things:

1. Went to Home, and tapped the guide on how to install OpenSSH, tried tapping the link, but it says I have to install more sources. It cannot be found.
    2. Searched for OpenSSH, no luck.
    3. I don't even know how to install new REPO's or sources (whichever you go by). I might need to do this to install SSH?

So sorry for bother anyone with these questions. Last time I jailbroke was my friend's iPod Touch 1G running 1.1.3 FW and was very fond of Installer.

Thank you everyone.
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just search SSH in Cydia. also download filezilla or winscp for your pc.
  3. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Haha how funny!

Maybe I had to let my iPod load everything. Thanks man. Easy fix. lol

And yeah, I have WinSCP. Great program.

Please Register or Log in to view images

But really fast. This is a bit new to me:

I installed OpenSSH, it's not on my homescreen. Does it need to be? (I remember it did back on the 1G JBs)

Nonetheless, I open WinSCP and put in the IP address of my iPod, then alpine/ root user login, and there's an error. Ideas?
  4. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nope it shouldn't show up on your springboard. It's a terminal program.

WinSCP did that the first time for me, I just turned Wifi off and back on again on my ipod and tried again and it worked. If that doesn't work for you then try this:

Download SBSettings from Cydia.
    Once it's installed, slide your finger across the status bar up the top and a menu should slide down. There should be a square with "SSH" written in it. It will be either red or green (Red meaning off, Green meaning on)
    If it's turned off, just tap it to turn it on. If it's already on, try turning it off then on again

If all that fails, try rebooting your ipod.
  5. dancool999

dancool999 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does anyone know of a tar file with OpenSSH and cydia so it is pre installed when you make your ipsw?
  6. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

dottie is the first password, not alpine

the second password its gonna ask you for is alpine
  7. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    SSH works on and off. It really depends. Just keep on trying. Try Filezilla it automatically reconnects if you failed once.
  8. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I've tried using root as username, and both dottie and alpine for password. I have also installed SBSettings from Cydia and get the same error:

"Network Error: Connection Timed Out."

Any ideas? I haven't tried rebooting, but I doubt this won't solve the issue. I don't want to go through the hassle of having to do the reboot trick. Isn't there some sort of GUI One-Click reboot program someone made here a while back? I tried searching, but had no luck.
  9. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Your file protocol is set to SCP right?
  10. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Yep. Tried this with both dottie and alpine as passwords under the SCP file protocol. Still the error.