Where's my WiFi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PieOPah, Aug 8, 2009.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Aug 19, 2008
    For the best part of the day, my phone has been connected to my home WiFi. Suddenly I noticed that it was no longer connected.

I have checked everything but for some reason, my phone no longer seems capable of even finding a WiFi network let alone connecting (it usually picks up 2 or 3 routers locally).

NOTHING has changed. One minute I was connected, the next I wasn't!

I have rebooted my router and my iPhone, but I still seem unable to pick up the signal.

I have had the phone right next to the Router, but nothing (I usually stay connected in the Back Garden the opposite end of the house).

All other devices in my house (computers/laptops) are all connected with no problem.

Why can't I connect???

I would also prefer not to restore or go into DSU mode (as this is usually the first answer!) Wiping clean and starting from scratch is not really a suitable solution!

EDIT: Well I restored - not that I wanted - this made no difference.
    I reset my network settings - didn't do anything!
    Called O2 and some gimp said they had problems they were working on. As soon as I asked how that would effect WiFi he transfered me (didn't tell me this was what he was doing).
    The next person I spoke to gave me some details which have basically said use 'Erase All Content and Settings' (and according to the iPhone this will take about 2 hours!)

So, I have used this option and in about 2 hours time I'll see if the problem is fixed. If not I have to send it in for repair. Hopefully the only good thing to come out of this is I may get a 3GS instead!!!

EDIT: Well, I got my iPhone to work and did a complete wipe ready to take it to the O2 store for repair (well for them to ship it out for repair!) and WiFi starts to work again... Really not impressed! I guess that this means that the problem is somehow software related and part of my backup...
  2. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I had the same issue but this morning. It wouldn't remain connected to the wifi. I don't know why. And I just got the 3G on Saturday(replacement).
  3. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Feb 21, 2009
    try restoring it, and if it doesnt fix it, talk to Apple